Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paging space
Operating Systems AIX Paging space Post 302208621 by lo-lp-kl on Tuesday 24th of June 2008 11:34:12 AM
Old 06-24-2008
Paging space

Hello everyone

I have 4g of paging space in my rootvg disk

I´m going to reduce them to 1gb in my rootvg disk and add 3gb of paging space on my san disk.

My rootvg disk is mirror.

My question is I can do this on line ?

and I can do with the mirror ? or I need to unmirror first my rootvg disk.

My box doesnt have to much use, I dont need to do this in the night.

Thanks for your replys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

swap space / paging space

how do you get the paging space reduced without rebooting the machine ? the os is aix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronh
2 Replies

2. AIX

Paging Space per process

This is my first post, and I am new to the UNIX world. Hopefully this question won't be too lame. I know that I can use topas to see the paging space used by some processes. I would like to script something that can add up the paging space used by process owned by or associated with an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alntht
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to distribute paging space among multiple PV

Greetings I have an older box (H50) that has it's paging space setup the following way: $ lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 224MB 1 yes yes lv hd6 hdisk0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
4 Replies

4. AIX

paging space out high

Hello, we have a problem with lpar with AIX 5.3, the issue is that has high level paging space with: _sqlsrv2 and its incremented continously (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paging space definition

sorry for this silly question, I am new to UNIX, what is meant by paging space and what is its purpose? what is also meant by hd6 paging space? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

6. AIX

reduce used paging space

Hi I have used gzip on AIX and the used paging space has jumped from 7% to 20%. The gzip process is finished since a long time. But the used paging space is still the same. How to release this space ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfarah
1 Replies

7. AIX

paging space

Hello everyone I have a doubt about how many paging space can have in the same disk. lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 3072MB 1 yes yes lv hd6 hdisk0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

8. AIX

LV without Paging Space

Hello dear friends, We have VG filevg which consists of 2 PVs when I rechecked the VG there is no Pagingspace LV.. The VG is usually Highly loaded because much reads and writes.. Is this a must to create Paging space on the specified LV? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

9. AIX

Paging space

Hi, I have paging size 2048M showed from topas and 10240M showed from "lsps -a", can anyone tell what is the difference? and how to change the PAGING SIZE (showed in topas) to 8192M? Can you please tell in detail step? Thanks! Victor #topas Topas Monitor for host: egsprc01dev ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
10 Replies

10. AIX

No Paging Space Available

Whilst perfoming some tests on lvm's I managed to crash our test box. No real problem as it is only used by our tech team. however I would like to know why this was actually caused as the task being performed at the time was one which I though would not have any impact. Using dd I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugger
5 Replies
bcopy(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						 bcopy(9F)

NAME
bcopy - copy data between address locations in the kernel SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> void bcopy(const void *from, void *to, size_t bcount); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
from Source address from which the copy is made. to Destination address to which copy is made. bcount The number of bytes moved. DESCRIPTION
The bcopy() function copies bcount bytes from one kernel address to another. If the input and output addresses overlap, the command exe- cutes, but the results may not be as expected. Note that bcopy() should never be used to move data in or out of a user buffer, because it has no provision for handling page faults. The user address space can be swapped out at any time, and bcopy() always assumes that there will be no paging faults. If bcopy() attempts to access the user buffer when it is swapped out, the system will panic. It is safe to use bcopy() to move data within kernel space, since kernel space is never swapped out. CONTEXT
The bcopy() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Copying data between address locations in the kernel: An I/O request is made for data stored in a RAM disk. If the I/O operation is a read request, the data is copied from the RAM disk to a buffer (line 8). If it is a write request, the data is copied from a buffer to the RAM disk (line 15). bcopy() is used since both the RAM disk and the buffer are part of the kernel address space. 1 #define RAMDNBLK 1000 /* blocks in the RAM disk */ 2 #define RAMDBSIZ 512 /* bytes per block */ 3 char ramdblks[RAMDNBLK][RAMDBSIZ]; /* blocks forming RAM /* disk ... 4 5 if (bp->b_flags & B_READ) /* if read request, copy data */ 6 /* from RAM disk data block */ 7 /* to system buffer */ 8 bcopy(&ramdblks[bp->b_blkno][0], bp->b_un.b_addr, 9 bp->b_bcount); 10 11 else /* else write request, */ 12 /* copy data from a */ 13 /* system buffer to RAM disk */ 14 /* data block */ 15 bcopy(bp->b_un.b_addr, &ramdblks[bp->b_blkno][0], 16 bp->b_bcount); SEE ALSO
copyin(9F), copyout(9F) Writing Device Drivers WARNINGS
The from and to addresses must be within the kernel space. No range checking is done. If an address outside of the kernel space is selected, the driver may corrupt the system in an unpredictable way. SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 bcopy(9F)