Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to subsitute
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to subsitute Post 302208444 by LAKSHMI NARAYAN on Tuesday 24th of June 2008 01:06:27 AM
Old 06-24-2008
how to subsitute

hi to
all

i need to subsitute to_date('','MM/DD/yyyy')
this with narayana

sed 's/to_date('','MM/DD/yyyy')/narayana/g' file

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subsitute from a position till end of line.

Hi, Having a following file's content, lets say: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD|||||| AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||||||||||| KKD||KD|||LLLD||||LLD||||| Problem: Need to replace pipes from 8th occurrence of pipe till end. so the result should be: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||| ------- ------- ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Noprofi
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with subsitute

hi Is there any subsitute of expect module in solaris/linux. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esumiba
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Subsitute string in file 1 by line n of file 2

Hello, My OS is Windows 10 and I am using Cygwin. The content of file 1 is: XXX string1 The content of file 2 is 4.156 2.312 3.527 1.687 etc.... I need to replace string 1 in file 1 by the content of line n in file 2. So the expected output is e.g.: XXX 3.527 (for n = 3) I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: supernono06
14 Replies
sdate(1)							   Debian manual							  sdate(1)

NAME
sdate - never ending September date SYNOPSIS
sdate [-e|--epoch yyyy-mm] [-l|--lib library] [--] [command] DESCRIPTION
sdate runs a command in an environment wherein it wraps the libc localtime() and gmtime() calls such that the program will use the eternal September date. The wrapper functions are in a shared library /usr/lib/libsdate/libsdate.so* which is loaded through the LD_PRELOAD mecha- nism of the dynamic loader. (See ld.so(8)) OPTIONS
-e yyyy-mm, --epoch yyyy-mm Specify an alternative epoch, default is 1993-09. -l library, --lib library Specify an alternative wrapper library. [--] command Any command you want to be ran. Use '--' if in the command you have other options that may confuse sdate's option parsing. -h Display help. -v Display version. FILES
/usr/lib/libsdate/* The shared library containing the wrapper functions. ENVIRONMENT
LD_PRELOAD LIMITATIONS
Library versions Every command executed within sdate needs to be linked to the same version of the C library as sdate itself. SEE ALSO
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/September-that-never-ended.html http://www.df7cb.de/projects/sdate/ COPYING
sdate is distributed under the GNU General Public License. (GPL v2 or later). AUTHORS
Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> Debian Project 4620 September 1993 sdate(1)