Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing columns into another file Post 302208123 by radoulov on Monday 23rd of June 2008 04:17:29 AM
Old 06-23-2008
You want 124 place3 or 124 place4 in the final output?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text on specific columns

Hi , i have one file like : APP101A APP103B MSG307A MSG308B XADM002A and so on , and i expect to replace the last character A by B and B by A the result would be : APP101B APP103A MSG307B MSG308A XADM002B how can i do that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text on specific columns 2nd

Hi , I'm so surprised to see my thread closed ! i come here many times and work with some great guys like Perderabo , each time i search for many solutions to write some scripts for my job , at this time i don't see how i can solve this one , so please don't take me as a pupil ! i can test... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix c-shell - replacing/incrementing values in columns?

2 21 1 12 3 123 4 1234 6 49 0 49 33 212 I need to replace/increment all the values in the 2nd column that correspond to 0 in the first column. so for 0 49 i would get 0 50 this can be done through: paste num4.txt... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: audrey_flox
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing columns from a text file that do not have any values in second and third columns

I have a text file that has three columns. But at the end of the text file, there are trailing lines that have missing second and third columns: 4 0.04972604 KLHL28 4 0.0497332 CSTB 4 0.04979822 AIF1 4 0.04983331 DECR2 4 0.04990344 KATNB1 4 4 4 4 How can I remove the trailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in Deleting columns and Renaming Mutliple columns in a .Csv File

Hi All, i have a .Csv file in the below format startTime, endTime, delta, gName, rName, rNumber, m2239max, m2239min, m2239avg, m100016509avg, m100019240max, metric3min, m100019240avg, propValues 11-Mar-2012 00:00:00, 11-Mar-2012 00:05:00, 300.0, vma3550a, a-1_CPU Index<1>, 200237463, 0.0,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in different cases in different columns with a single pattern

Hi All I am having pipe seperated inputs like Adam|PeteR|Josh|PEter Nick|Rave|Simon|Paul Steve|smith|PETER|Josh Andrew|Daniel|StAlin|peter Rick|PETer|ADam|RAVE i want to repleace all the occurrence of peter (in any case pattern PeteR,PEter,PETER,peter,PETer) with Peter so that output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk replacing identical columns based on another file

Hello, I am using Awk in UBUNTU 12.04. I have a file like following with three fields and 44706 rows. F1 A A F2 G G F3 A T I have another file like this: AL_1 F1 A A AL_2 F1 A T AL_3 F1 A A AL_1 F2 G G AL_2 F2 G A AL_3 F2 G G BO_1 F1 A A BO_2 F1 A T... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two columns and replacing it with value from third column!!

Hi, I am new to Unix and I am finding it hard to fix a particular logic. The context is as below. File 1 : This contains of 5 fields : Type | Bank Code | Account | Name | Date/Time 60|ABC123|TX123456|XXXX|YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS 72|ABC123|MYD34561|XXXX|YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJose
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing 12 columns of one file by second file based on mapping in third file

i have a real data prod file with 80+ fields containing 1k -2k records. i have to extract say 12 columns out of this which are sensitive fields along with one primary key say SEQ_ID (like DOB,account no, name, SEQ_ID, govtid etc) in a lookup file. i have to replace these sensitive fields in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh12
11 Replies
TIMEOUT(1)							   User Commands							TIMEOUT(1)

NAME
timeout - run a command with a time limit SYNOPSIS
timeout [OPTION] DURATION COMMAND [ARG]... timeout [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Start COMMAND, and kill it if still running after DURATION. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. --preserve-status exit with the same status as COMMAND, even when the command times out --foreground when not running timeout directly from a shell prompt, allow COMMAND to read from the TTY and get TTY signals; in this mode, children of COMMAND will not be timed out -k, --kill-after=DURATION also send a KILL signal if COMMAND is still running this long after the initial signal was sent -s, --signal=SIGNAL specify the signal to be sent on timeout; SIGNAL may be a name like 'HUP' or a number; see 'kill -l' for a list of signals --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit DURATION is a floating point number with an optional suffix: 's' for seconds (the default), 'm' for minutes, 'h' for hours or 'd' for days. If the command times out, and --preserve-status is not set, then exit with status 124. Otherwise, exit with the status of COMMAND. If no signal is specified, send the TERM signal upon timeout. The TERM signal kills any process that does not block or catch that signal. It may be necessary to use the KILL (9) signal, since this signal cannot be caught, in which case the exit status is 128+9 rather than 124. BUGS
Some platforms don't currently support timeouts beyond the year 2038. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report timeout translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
kill(1) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/timeout> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) timeout invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TIMEOUT(1)