Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reg exp question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reg exp question Post 302207959 by robotronic on Sunday 22nd of June 2008 04:58:33 AM
Old 06-22-2008
They are the same, but sometimes you need to use the first syntax or even a space character ' ' instead of '[[:space:]]' if your sed/grep versions doesn't support such notation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using reg. exp. variable in AWK??

Any idea please: How to pass a reg. exp. variable to awk call in a shell??? Thank u #!/bin/sh reg_exp=name awk '/reg_exp/{ print; }' $1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage...sed/awk/reg-exp ..in shell scripting

in shell scripting there is extensive usage of i> regular expression ii>sed iii>awk can anyone tell me the suitable contexts ...i mean which one is suitable for what kind of operation. like the reg-exp and sed seems to be doing the same job..i.e pattern matching (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp for sed

$ cat file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>def <RR>sha This works for me: $ sed -r 's/^ .*<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>my <RR>sha But, this does not work for me: $ sed -r 's/^\s+<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demoprog
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg Ex question

Hi All, If I had a string that was a combination of plain text and quoted text - For ex String: This "sentence is" a combination of "multiple words" I wanted to know how I can write a reg-ex that splits the above string into the following result = This result = sentence is result = a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi, I need to make some extraction . with the following input to get the right output. input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp and input: aex1234 ===> output: ex Thanks for your help, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reg exp

Hi, I am using the following piece of code for extracting some data from in between some tags ... $text =~ /<TAG1>(.*)<\/TAG1>.*<TAG2>(.*)<\/TAG2>.*<TAG3>(.*)<\/TAG4>.*<TAG5>(.*)<\/TAG5>/; $tag1=$1; print "\n$tag1"; But I am getting an error like Use of uninitialized value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl reg-exp

$var1="LEN"; $VAR2="CODLENTT"; now, var2 contains var1(LEN).How do i check this in perl.... whether one string is a part of another..? if (<logic>) { my operation; } what'd be the logic.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Need Help On REG EXP in unix

Respected All, I have a very big xml in that i want to search only below 3 lines. <target name ="UpgradePrimaryBox" depends ="configureBox1"> <echo> Finished Upgrading Primary Box </echo> </target> grep -i "<target.*UpgradePrimaryBox" this gives me the first line. then i need to match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script reg-exp , replace , open and write

Hi All I am a new in scripting language and I would like help for you guys I would like to create a file named constant.h and search into all files *.m in specific directory for a reg-exp @"LBL_]+" exp: @"LBL_75847" , and write those matchs to constant.h if there are not written (no... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: molwiko
15 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Question regarding Reg entries

Since I cannot find a ffmpeg build that will automatically include a environment variable for the CMD ffmpeg command I'll probably have to do it myself. However I would like to do so by saving it inside a .reg file. For example if my path towards FFMPEG is: C:\RESOURCE\FFMPEG\ffmpeg.exe ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
5 Replies
frexp(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions						 frexp(3M)

NAME
frexp, frexpf, frexpl - extract mantissa and exponent from a floating-point number SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <math.h> double frexp(double num, int *exp); float frexpf(float num, int *exp); long double frexpl(long double num, int *exp); DESCRIPTION
These functions break a floating-point number into a normalized fraction and an integral power of 2. They store the integer exponent in the int object pointed to by exp. RETURN VALUES
For finite arguments, these functions return the value x, such that x is a double with magnitude in the interval [1/2, 1) or 0, and num equals x times 2 raised to the power *exp. If num is NaN, NaN is returned and the value of *exp is unspecified. If num is +- 0, +- 0 is returned and the value of *exp is 0. If num is +-Inf, num is returned and the value of *exp is unspecified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
isnan(3M), ldexp(3M), modf(3M), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 16 Aug 2004 frexp(3M)