Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Tell The United States Patent and Tradem... Post 302207790 by Linux Bot on Saturday 21st of June 2008 12:10:16 AM
Old 06-21-2008
Tell The United States Patent and Tradem...

Tell The United States Patent and Trademark Office that software and business method patents should not be part of the EU-US patent treaty. The USPTO has put a call out for public comments. They can be contacted, either by sending a fax to Mr. Santamauro to (571) 273-0085 or by emailing plharmonization@uspto.gov. The deadline is June 22 (Sunday).

More...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix process states

I am trying to write my own Unix compliant (SUSv4) OS - Just a hobby OS, nothing serious. While going through the standard, I couldn't find any explicit information on process states. What I could find was (excluding the real-time considerations)- From this it can be inferred that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinkerbeast
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Where can I find UNIX training course in the United States?

Hi guys, Can you help me please to find an appropriate course of UNIX in the United States. Also, can you provide me some information about the schools or institutes that offer it in the U.S. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malik Dera
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Place your bits - IRB Sevens World Series Draw (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) - Rugby

Hi, Any rugby fans out there. Sevens rugby is really exciting to watch. The final is only about 20mins give or take, but its fast paced and very exciting. The IRB Sevens World Series, is a series of international rugby union sevens tournaments. The tournaments, run by the IRB, feature... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ni2
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count no of netstat states

netstat | awk '/server/ {for(i=1;i<2;i++) {getline;print}' Output: ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED TIME_WAIT TIME_WAIT From the above command I'm getting all the states. I want to count the states and write to a file, like "Count of ESTABLISHED... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies

5. Hardware

Hyperthreaded virtual cores, different C-States?

turbostat reports C-states of all CPU cores, and includes entries for each hyper-threaded core as well. Often enough the two logical cores on a single physical core will list different C state percentages. Does that make any sense? Is this reporting the c-states of the few duplicated parts... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps command showing different states for same process

I am using HP-UX,KSH $ jobs -l + 19377 Running nohup ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 & $ ps -p 19377 -fl F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME COMD 401 S catmgr 19377 19491 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TomG
1 Replies
R2E(1)							      General Commands Manual							    R2E(1)

NAME
r2e - receive RSS feeds by email SYNOPSIS
r2e [-d dir] action [options] DESCRIPTION
r2e is a simple program which you can run in your crontab. It watches RSS feeds and sends you nicely formatted email message for each new item. The program is configured by ~/.rss2email/config.py by default. To use a different config file in a different directory, you can specify the -d option before any actions. For a quick start with r2e, try these steps: r2e new your@address r2e add http://feed.url/somewhere.rss r2e run The last command should eventually be put into your crontab, if you want things be sent you automatically. It is possible to use authenticated feeds using the following syntax: r2e add http://user:password@example.com/feed ACTIONS
new [youremail] Create a new feedfile. If the second option is specified, it sets the default email address that mails are sent to. add url [youremail] Subscribe to a feed. The first option is the URL of the feed. The optional second option is the email address to send new items to. Repeat for each feed you want to subscribe to. run [--no-send] [num] Scan the feeds and send emails for new items. This can be run in a cron job. The --no-send option stops r2e from sending any email. This can be useful the first time you run it, as otherwise it would send every available story. If a number is specified, r2e will only download that feed. The list command lists the feed numbers. email yournewemail Change the default email address. list List all your currently subscribed feeds. delete n Delete a feed, using its number from the list command. pause n Temporarily ignore a feed. A paused feed won't be updated at all. unpause n Re-enable updates from a feed. opmlimport url Import feeds from an OPML file. opmlexport Export feeds to standard output, as an OPML file. CONFIGURATION
The program's behavior can be controlled via the ~/.rss2email/config.py config file. The file is a python file, so variables are set using a syntax like this: VARIABLE = "value" If the value is a number, the quotes may be omitted. Most configuration variables in the file are boolean values, where a 1 indicates the option is set, and a 0 disables it. See the example config.py file for a full list of available configuration variables. FILES
~/.rss2email/feeds.dat The database of feeds. Use r2e to add, remove, or modify feeds, do not edit it directly. ~/.rss2email/config.py If this file exists, it it read to configure the program. AUTHOR
Aaron Swartz <rss2email@aaronsw.com> R2E(1)