Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to Extract
Operating Systems Solaris How to Extract Post 302207473 by Harikrishna on Friday 20th of June 2008 03:29:20 AM
Old 06-20-2008
I am looking to extract the columns User,Process Name and Arguments from the output of "/usr/ucb/ps -auxww" on Solaris?

So how to do it using awk ,sed or regex ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract String

Hello. I would like to extract the word "PATTERN" from a file that occurs on mulitple lines: {1:5TIROEKUDRSH0027000755}{2:O4351423051114PATTERN40130656410423N} Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract fields from from this

thank youuuu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnallamothu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract the Pattern

Hello All, can anyone help me out in extracting the pattern from a file... The Input file is: NFS B.11.11 ONC/NFS; Network-FileSystem,InformationServices,Utilities|123 NParProvider B.11.11.01.04.01.01 nPartition Provider|456 NPartition A.01.02 Enhanced NPartition Commands/789... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extract a character

HI Guys, Have a Doubt...... I have a pattern "abcdef" and i need to extract the third character..ie(c) How to achieve it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern extract

Hi I have a pattern like : SYSTEM_NAME-232-S7-200810060949.LOG Here I need to extract system name and the timestamp and also the numeric number after "-S" i.e 7 here . I am not very sure of whether I should use sed / awk for this ?:confused: Thanks, Priya. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the value

hi i have a file which has following content: <config> <key>Protocol</key> <value>SIP</value> <config> i want a script which will see the value of Protocol is SIP. Can any one pls help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Number

I am trying to extract the numbers from the strings. Lakers win 80% of the games 24 numbered Kobe scores 90% from free throw line Chances of Lakers winning championship is 100% I have data like this. and am looking to extract the % 80% 90% 100% (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string

xyz_dat_20110501_00000789.tar xyz_meta_20110501_00000789.tar My requirement is to get the string 'dat' and 'meta' from the above string. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract IP from logs and

story ------------------------ The file is a.out, it consist a set of logs from user access to my system ( email system) question -------------------------- using shell script, how can we extract 2 sets of IP output from the a.out log by separate the IP, determine human and non-human... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
21 Replies
PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)							 1						     PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)

PharData::extractTo - Extract the contents of a tar/zip archive to a directory

SYNOPSIS
bool PharData::extractTo (string $pathto, [string|array $files], [bool $overwrite = false]) DESCRIPTION
Extract all files within a tar/zip archive to disk. Extracted files and directories preserve permissions as stored in the archive. The optional parameters allow optional control over which files are extracted, and whether existing files on disk can be overwritten. The sec- ond parameter files can be either the name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of names of files and directories to extract. By default, this method will not overwrite existing files, the third parameter can be set to true to enable overwriting of files. This method is similar to ZipArchive.extractTo(3). PARAMETERS
o $pathto - Path to extract the given files to o $files - The name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of files/directories to extract o $overwrite - Set to TRUE to enable overwriting existing files RETURN VALUES
returns TRUE on success, but it is better to check for thrown exception, and assume success if none is thrown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws PharException if errors occur while flushing changes to disk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A PharData.extractTo(3) example <?php try { $phar = new PharData('myphar.tar'); $phar->extractTo('/full/path'); // extract all files $phar->extractTo('/another/path', 'file.txt'); // extract only file.txt $phar->extractTo('/this/path', array('file1.txt', 'file2.txt')); // extract 2 files only $phar->extractTo('/third/path', null, true); // extract all files, and overwrite } catch (Exception $e) { // handle errors } ?> SEE ALSO
Phar.extractTo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)