Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers using wget with date variables Post 302207377 by alternapop on Thursday 19th of June 2008 05:57:01 PM
Old 06-19-2008
using wget with date variables

I have a url that I need to get using wget. This url string needs to contain two values referring to today's date and a date 3 months from now. I have it mostly finished, I think, but am having difficulty with concatenating the date variable with the url string.

Code:
today=`date "+%m%d%Y"`;
plus3months=`date -v +3m "+%m%d%Y"`;

url="http://www.example.com/schedule/Access?&pStartDate=" . $today . "&pEndDate=" . $plus3months . "&pServiceID=12552";

wget --output-document=report.csv $url;

This returns an error on the third line, that starts with "url".

"line 21: 06192008: No such file or directory"

I'm thinking that it has something to do with my two date variables being integers and not strings but i'm not certain.

What do i need to adjust?
thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Trouble with Date Variables and Functions in PL/SQL

Hi, In the course of my script i have to compare SYSDATE with the 15th of the current month: if it is greater than i should set a variable date to 15th of the next month if less than i should set it to the 15th of the current month. In other words the question is how to set a date variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmina
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget - cookie with expiration date

How can I create a cookie with expiration date using either wget or curl? I am able to use cli wget, cli curl, or php curl. I don't see that the cookies I have created contain an expiration date, and I have a problem logging into a forum that looks for the expiration date. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SFTP passing variables date

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to solve my problem not getting the actual $DATE saying . Here my scripts; #!/bin/sh DATE='20110331' sftp -oUserKnownHostsFile=/.ssh/known_hosts -oIdentityFile=/.ssh/id_rsa -b /source/transfer.sh server1@sftp.com <<EOF #tranfer.sh put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use WGET command to get today's date?

I need to get the current date off a remote site, such as Google or Yahoo. Does anyone know how to use the wget command on a Solaris 10 system to do this? I recall a long time ago, where using "wget" will get a bunch of info off a site, and then, you can extract the date from all of that info. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie09
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing variables to date as string

I have a file $ cat myfile A 02/16/2012 B 02/19/2012 C 02/20/2012 D 02/17/2012 E 02/16/2012 My simple script > cat myscript.sh mydate="02/16/2012" awk ' ($2~/$mydate/) {print $1}' < myfile but I got no output! and when I try $2~/'$mydate'/ I got: The error context is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one directory to another based on 2 date variables

Hi All, I am currently coding for a requirement(LINUX OS) where I am supposed to move a file (Lets Call it Employee.txt) from Directory A to Directory B based on 2 date fields as below, Date_Current = 20120620 Date_Previous = 20120610 Source Directory : /iis_data/source Target... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Working with date (add minutes using variables)

Dear all, today I'm scratching my head with a simple (I believe) issue. Working with date is quite simple, so if I Need to add some seconds to current time, I'll use: date --date='+30 seconds' +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"But, how to pass the value to add from a variable? I tried the following without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
DATETIME.SETDATE(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETDATE(3)

DateTime::setDate - Sets the date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setDate (int $year, int $month, int $day) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_date_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $month, int $day) Resets the current date of the DateTime object to a different date. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $month - Month of the date. o $day - Day of the date. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setDate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_date_set($date, 2001, 2, 3); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2001-02-03 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 28); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 2, 29); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 14, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-02-28 2001-03-01 2002-02-03 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setISODate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETDATE(3)