Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: redirection problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirection problem Post 302207096 by eric_wong_ch on Thursday 19th of June 2008 06:14:39 AM
Old 06-19-2008
solved~~
thx 4 quick response^^Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nua7
Code:
man tee

tee command is what you are looking for.

Last edited by eric_wong_ch; 06-19-2008 at 07:22 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection Problem

I was simply trying to redirect some output in a log file but it foxed me. truss a.out > log It gave only the output of the a.out which was only a simple print "Hello" Then I tried truss a.out 2&1>a echo `truss a.out` > a All failed. What am i missing. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection problem

Hello Experts, I am facing the following problem .. >cat my_file prints initial begin StartSim; LDR(on); // Lock Detect Enable But when I trying the same with the following command it shows me all the line in the same line.Like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file redirection problem

my querry is suppose i have duplicate std i/p with FD-3 --exec 0<&3 now redirected std i/p to a file ----exec 0<file1 suppose i am reading the file line by line --while read LINE cutting some fields and comparing it with a variable and if a match is found ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection problem

hi i want a solution for the fallowing: i am redirecting output from bash script in which we are running background commands like ./test.sh contains ls -l & ps when we do as ./test.sh 1> test.txt 2>&1 but test.txt not containing output as ls -l and ps. it showing ls -l, ps and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianwomen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Problem / Question regarding redirection

Hi all, Maybe someone is able to help: Need to redirect the output of a command in realtime to a second command. Command-A executes a remote shell to another host, and outputs its results. Command-B displays a "dialog" with the outputs of Command-A. Command-A Output: Updating FileA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharald
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of redirection with <<! ... !)

Hi, I have to migrate Korn Shell who call Sybase command into Oracle Command. I have a problem on this example : DATNUM=$( sqlplus -S SA/SASASA@MIGGVDEV <<! SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; select sybase_utilities.datediff('DAY', '01/01/1900', '01/01/2000') from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzy1804
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in redirection of output

Hi All, i m facing very strange problem . like suppose i am in one directory and then i type ls it will display the content of directory then i redirect the output as sneha-pardus $ ls > test sneha-pardus $ cat test a.sh b.sh c.sh sneha-pardus $ awk ' { print $1 } ' test > test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

little problem of file redirection (awk)

I almost reach my objective (Youhouuu !!!!) But I really don't understand why it doesn't work until the end... :wall: For clarity's sake I am taking a very simple example. The operations I am doing in the script (gsub and print) really don't have any importance !!! I just matter about... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with file redirection in while

I've got a problem with file redirection in bash, in loop while (in my script done < bufor.txt). In every consecutive iteration there's a possibility that to the bufor.txt will be added some lines. Unfortunately, in loop, added lines are ignored (for example: bufor.txt has 5 lines, in 3rd iteration... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk9
4 Replies
TEE(2)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    TEE(2)

NAME
tee - duplicating pipe content SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <fcntl.h> ssize_t tee(int fd_in, int fd_out, size_t len, unsigned int flags); DESCRIPTION
tee() duplicates up to len bytes of data from the pipe referred to by the file descriptor fd_in to the pipe referred to by the file descriptor fd_out. It does not consume the data that is duplicated from fd_in; therefore, that data can be copied by a subsequent splice(2). flags is a series of modifier flags, which share the name space with splice(2) and vmsplice(2): SPLICE_F_MOVE Currently has no effect for tee(); see splice(2). SPLICE_F_NONBLOCK Do not block on I/O; see splice(2) for further details. SPLICE_F_MORE Currently has no effect for tee(), but may be implemented in the future; see splice(2). SPLICE_F_GIFT Unused for tee(); see vmsplice(2). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, tee() returns the number of bytes that were duplicated between the input and output. A return value of 0 means that there was no data to transfer, and it would not make sense to block, because there are no writers connected to the write end of the pipe referred to by fd_in. On error, tee() returns -1 and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EINVAL fd_in or fd_out does not refer to a pipe; or fd_in and fd_out refer to the same pipe. ENOMEM Out of memory. VERSIONS
The tee() system call first appeared in Linux 2.6.17; library support was added to glibc in version 2.5. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Conceptually, tee() copies the data between the two pipes. In reality no real data copying takes place though: under the covers, tee() assigns data in the output by merely grabbing a reference to the input. EXAMPLE
The following example implements a basic tee(1) program using the tee() system call. #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <limits.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { int fd; int len, slen; if (argc != 2) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s <file> ", argv[0]); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } fd = open(argv[1], O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0644); if (fd == -1) { perror("open"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } do { /* * tee stdin to stdout. */ len = tee(STDIN_FILENO, STDOUT_FILENO, INT_MAX, SPLICE_F_NONBLOCK); if (len < 0) { if (errno == EAGAIN) continue; perror("tee"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } else if (len == 0) break; /* * Consume stdin by splicing it to a file. */ while (len > 0) { slen = splice(STDIN_FILENO, NULL, fd, NULL, len, SPLICE_F_MOVE); if (slen < 0) { perror("splice"); break; } len -= slen; } } while (1); close(fd); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
splice(2), vmsplice(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-05-04 TEE(2)