Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading from a file and passing the value to a select query Post 302206961 by er_ashu on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 11:49:16 PM
Old 06-19-2008
Reading from a file and passing the value to a select query

Hi all,

Here is my problem. I want to read data from a file and pass the variable to a select query.
I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Please advise. Example below.

Code:
FileName='filekey.txt'
while read LINE
do
var=$LINE
print "For File key $var"
${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s username/password@connectionstring <<EOF
SELECT system_k FROM system WHERE sys_o=$var 
EOF
print "Procesing done for filekey: $var" >> filenumbers.txt
done < $FileName

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a portion of file based on query

Hi friends :) I am having a small problem and ur help is needed... I have a long file from which i want to select only some portions after filtering (grep). My file looks like : header xxyy lmno xxyy wxyz footer header abcd xy pqrs footer . . (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help (Select query)

Dear All, This may sound a simple query but a non technical person like me is not able to do it, So please help me out. I m using Unix... isql I jst wanted to do something like following select * from xyz where ID= xxxxxxxx (8 digit ID) Here if i put single 8 digit ID then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: topgear1000cc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file(passing the file as input parameter)

hi I have a shell script say primary.sh . There is a file called params my scenario is primary.sh should read all the values and echo it for example i should pass like $primary.sh params output would be Abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mysql query reading a text file.

Hi, Is there any way that mysql query reads the content from a text file which has data in the below format: 1,2,3,4,5 and selects matched data from another table. ie I have a table named xyz which has same ids as in that file. I want this query to get count of the ids from xyz file by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting oracle sqlplus select query into file

So, I would like to run differen select queries on multiple databases.. I made a script wich I thought to be called something like.. ./script.sh sql_file_name out.log or to enter select statement in a command line.. (aix) and I did created some shell script wich is not working.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select query implement in a shell

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace query by reading the file

Hi Guys, I am having below file which holds data like this file.txt name,id,flag apple,1,Y apple,2,N mango,1,Y mango,2,Y I need to read the above file and frame a query like this hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1 from main_table;" hive -s -e "create mango_view as select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)