Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: urgent request!!!!!!!
Operating Systems Solaris urgent request!!!!!!! Post 302206587 by trantuananh24hg on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 04:48:11 AM
Old 06-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasini
Hi,

I want to know shell script and pl/sql script for database monitoring to get alerts when users executing sql on production.

Please help me out ----------------

Thanks
Haasini
Sorry all for the marginal post!

1/ Tell me what's about your kind of Oracle Server? Shared Server or Dedicated Server? Trace_sql and generate the log_file whenever the server uses Dedicated because of many reason, but the main is one Dedicated Server's process reserve one session.

2/ If you simply want to get the alertSID.ora, put it in your environment, and open it by vi editor, you need:
- Identify $ORACLE_HOME$
- Get the exactly path, example /u02/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/admin/ORCL/udump/xxx.trc
- Write a sh script, open it in your environment.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

URGENT HELP REQUEST!!!!Connection problem between HP3000 and HP9000

Hi, I am facing some problem in connecting the database(allbase) present on HP3000 through pro c programmin language that is being executed from HP 9000 machine could any one of you please help me!!! when i run the code on HP9000 machine it is connecting to database(access the local host)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent request

While executing a ksh file with a input parameter in background like the following bash-2.03$nohup fil.ksh 4 & the nohup session is stopped. The same ksh file while executed like bash-2.03$fil.ksh 4 works fine. I am trying the above in Solaris 5.8 in bash shell. Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkna
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Urgent request "remove all packages with dpkg"

Hi, this might sound somewhat weird, but I need a command to remove all packages on my machine with dpkg. I know dpkg -l will list all packages, but the troublemaker isn't on the list, and the problems started as I updated the program :wall:. Thanks in advance, I REALLY appreciate it :b: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent request to consider:Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as # Drug_Target_X_Gene_Name:(Where X can be any number (1-1000) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)