Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: spooling
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting spooling Post 302206562 by andom on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 03:58:44 AM
Old 06-18-2008
ORACLE spool

the correct syntax is:
SQL > spool /tmp/resultfile.txt
*** from now, all output will be saved in /tmp/resultfile.txt ***
SQL > ....sql statement ...
SQL > spool off

I suppose this is rather an oracle question, though.
andom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX lp spooling places

Does anybody know if HP-UX uses any other directories besides /var/spool/lp/request to spool print jobs? I checked the man pages, and it only mentions /var/spool/lp in general. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some other place it might possibly use. thanks in advance for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doeboy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Spooling a log file with timestamp

Hi From shell script i am invoking sqlplus to connect to oracle database and then i spool a csv file as with output. What i want to do is to change the file name with timestamp on it so after spooling finish shell script change file name with time stamp. can someone help me to do that . Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukadmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

spooling through shell script

Hi, I want to spool the output from a .sql file to a .txt file through shell script. the contents of .sql are: spool /arboru02/scripts/customer_profile_def.txt select profile_id ||','|| account_no from customer_profile_def; spool off exit and shell scrip is like: #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
9 Replies

4. Red Hat

Print Spooling using raw port 9100

Hello all, I need to setup a print server that listens on three separate network interfaces, and sends jobs to the corresponding print queue. Example: 192.168.69.100 - printer1 -> Out to 139.177.69.100:9100 192.168.69.101 - printer2 -> Out to 139.177.69.101:9100 192.168.69.102 - printer2 ->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a Tar file while files are spooling

Hi I have done a search for this but couldn't find much on it. I am creating a tar file with the command below tar cvf /export/home/user/backup/*Will this is being created I have a job spooling to 5 texts files in the following directory /export/home/user/backup/STATS/ The tar files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgarvan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spooling file to excel

Hi , Im spooling file from oracle to csv using shell script. Below is the code im using.. The o/p is not coming in right format.. Please help me out in this.. O/p is coming as header till batch id ,im not able to see date_stored,type,type1.. Please any one can give me some suggestion ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not spooling in result file

Hi everyone and nice to meet you :) I'm having some issues with a script I'm writing. It's probably most chaotic, I'm no ksh guru, but the idea is to extract an ID with that query, spool it into a file, and read that file making the ID a variable. This has to be done for every row extracted by... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkadia
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error during spooling

Hi, I am extracting the records of a table from oracle into a csv file using spool command in unix script. I retrieve the error message as msgcnt 18512 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg02/lvol12 file system full (1 block extent) How to resolve it ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabural
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Spooling data from the database in .csv file with boundary

Hi Guys, Another questions to the genius over here. I have spool the dataf from the database into a .csv file. But can it be possible to have all the rows and column with the boundaries..for example the .csv file which i have is as below: 20140327 BU 9A 3 20140327 SPACE 9A 3 20140327... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script not spooling in the designated file.

Hi, I need to write a script that will run a simple select count(*) query and sends the result of that query to me via email. Here's what I already have. #!/bin/ksh ###################################################################### # File Name : counts.sh # Created : 2019/27/19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clef
1 Replies
EXECUTE(7)							   SQL Commands 							EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)