Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: translate rc to string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting translate rc to string Post 302206545 by ynir on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 03:07:02 AM
Old 06-18-2008
translate rc to string

Hi

Maybe you can suggest a nicer way to do the following:
Code:
    RET_STR=$(echo ${RET} | sed -e 's/0/Object is not mapped/' \
        -e 's/1/Operation Internal Error/' \
        -e 's/2/Operation Invalid Arguments/' \
        -e 's/3/Object is mapped/' \
        -e 's/4/Path not found/')

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help translate this snippet?

Hello all - This snippet from a script runs on a Tru64 machine (ksh). if ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep then echo "Killing Thing1 desktop session" kill -9 'ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep | awk '{FS = " "}{print $2}'' fi I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to achicve translate in unix

hi, i have file with 4 columns, the first column contains 10 numbers. i want to replace t the numbers (u can say i want to use cryptography). i want to replace 1 with 4, 2 with 5, 3 with 9..... how can i achieve this in unix. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javeed7
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate to normal english

lnode * head = temp; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replcement/translate of ' to ''

Hi i have a variable whose value contains '(single quote) i want to replace single quote with two single quotes ex- i want to replace abc's second center with abc''s second center. Plz help me. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmrout007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate timestamp

my file creation timestamp looks like this: Nov 4 15:44:34 EST 2009 i need to translate into 091104 my way is to awk on $1, $2, $5, but i don't know how to tranlate Nov to 11 ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:07 AM ---------- i resolved my post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help translate code

Hi, all of you!!! I have this code and I won to build-in some more code. I know this is a lot of code. if ; then if ; then SYSROOT="$1" S_SCRIPT="cd $1 ; ./etc/rc.sysinit 2>&1 &" fi else ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: jokerper
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate this string

Hi, I'm using code below to assign title for Putty Window to show user@hostname+curr directory. Trying to read this "write only" language, can anybody help me to go thru this string, too many thing in it I can't expaing Tx T export PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trento17
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate from english to french

Hi, I wrote a script to convert a given word from English to French. But I am not able to figure out what I am missing here. I am not able to get the translated word Below is my script: French=/root/dict/entofr.txt for i in $* do word="echo $word $i" done while: do cat <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinky7630
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tr--translate is throwing an error

Dear all, I would like to count the no;of word "INFORMATION" in a file called alt.lst and output to a unix variable INFORMATION.so to do this I wrote the below code INFORMATION=echo 'INFORMATION' | tr -cs 'A-Za-z' '\n' < /app/tisq005/01/home/tisq005b/scripts/alt.lst | grep -c "INFORMATION"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiransagar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate grep to awk

sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -vc memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -v memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -c memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep memory above are four separate commands. i want to combine the grep in each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)