Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that Redirect SSH output via cron Post 302205372 by primp on Saturday 14th of June 2008 02:46:10 PM
Old 06-14-2008
Unfortunately this has been discussed and for now, that is the method of getting the info we need. We looked at a local service account but there were some against it. I agree, it should be a local service account and utilizing sudo for specific commands if require.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect bg process output to within the script

Hi, I have a process running in the background, which throws up some output to the terminal when I run my script. How can I read this output from my script? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theju
5 Replies

2. Programming

Redirect input and output to a shell script?

Dear All: I am trying to do something that (I thought) was relatively straightforward, but my code snippet does not seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Sincerely yours Misha Koshelev #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misha680
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

stdout redirect is working buy direct script exec but not in cron

Hi @ all :) i made a very little shell script witch is working well when i'm launching it directly like with ./script but when i'm launching it by cron tab it work at half only. the part of the script witch are not working are: #!/bin/sh apt-get updade apt-get -s upgrade >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: calibal
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Cron task output is 0, script output is OK

I have the following cron task set to run every 15 minutes to ascertain how many users are in the system and append the result to the log. /home/pronto/cus/whoisinc >> /home/pronto/cus/whoisin.log This is the whoisinc script date +"%d-%m-%Y,%k:%M,Pronto Users,`prowho -s | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output in shell script for tftp

I've been using tftp in one of my file #!/bin/bash filename1="config1h.txt" filename2="config15.txt" hostname="test.com" tftp $hostname <</dev/null get $filename1 get $filename2 quit EOF My output looks like this # ./test3.sh tftp> Received 1262 bytes in 0.0 seconds tftp> Received... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Script redirect command output failed, why?

Hi, I put a for loop in a script to eject backup tapes from the robot. The command echo' output goes to the log file without problem, but command vmchange's output does not go to the log file although it's working fine. It still displays on the screen. I've tried '2>&1 1>$log', but nothing changed.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Programming

How to redirect the output of a shell script to a file?

hi, i have a html form which call a perl program, this perl program calls a shell script. <html> <head> <title>demo</title> </head> <body> <form name="frm1" action="/cgi-bin/perl_script.pl" method="post"> <input type="text" name="fname"> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to file after grep

i have simple program that generate log file 1 line every sec, i need to do grep for specific record then redirect to another file. #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 1 20`; do echo $i sleep 1 done ./test.sh |egrep "5|10|15" 5 10 15 r ./test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies
PAM_ACCT_MGMT(3)                                                 Linux-PAM Manual                                                 PAM_ACCT_MGMT(3)

NAME
pam_acct_mgmt - PAM account validation management SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_acct_mgmt(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The pam_acct_mgmt function is used to determine if the users account is valid. It checks for authentication token and account expiration and verifies access restrictions. It is typically called after the user has been authenticated. The pamh argument is an authentication handle obtained by a prior call to pam_start(). The flags argument is the binary or of zero or more of the following values: PAM_SILENT Do not emit any messages. PAM_DISALLOW_NULL_AUTHTOK The PAM module service should return PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD if the user has a null authentication token. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ACCT_EXPIRED User account has expired. PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication failure. PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD The user account is valid but their authentication token is expired. The correct response to this return-value is to require that the user satisfies the pam_chauthtok() function before obtaining service. It may not be possible for some applications to do this. In such cases, the user should be denied access until such time as they can update their password. PAM_PERM_DENIED Permission denied. PAM_SUCCESS The authentication token was successfully updated. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User unknown to password service. SEE ALSO
pam_start(3), pam_authenticate(3), pam_chauthtok(3), pam_strerror(3), pam(7) Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ACCT_MGMT(3)