Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat a file on webpage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cat a file on webpage Post 302205218 by ripat on Saturday 14th of June 2008 01:45:32 AM
Old 06-14-2008
Java script is on the client (browser) side. I you want to "cat" or write to the client screen the content of a file, you need to work on the web server side. Or may be I didn't get you question? Please define.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to cat out first 100 lines of a file into a different file?

Not sure how to do this exactly.. just want to take the first 100 lines of a file and cat it out into a second file. I know I can do a more on a file and > it into a different file, but how can I make it so only the first 100 lines get moved over? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cat file

I want to cat a file with only show the line contain '/bin/bash' but don't show the line contain 'load' (don't show if the line contain 'load' and '/bin/bash' together), how to type in the command? thk a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat file

how to cat a file by ignoring first line and last line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for i in `cat file` do

in bash: for i in `cat file` ; do echo $i done; how will i do this in perl ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing information to a file on webpage

ok so I have a file on a website. this file is a plain text file i need to be able to update the contents of this file from any internet enabled unix box. does anyone have ideas on how it can be done, without using scp/ftp? i know wget can be used to download the file: wget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read version from a webpage and Upgrading the file.

Hi, I am trying to read version from a web url like <url/daily-builds/sdk-3.2.v20140312170355-osx.zip> and download and store in my filesystem if its the latest. Kindly help me how to read version 3.2.v20140312170355 and compare same with a folder named similar in my directory and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pragyarastogi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies
telnetd(8c)															       telnetd(8c)

Name
       telnetd - DARPA TELNET protocol server

Syntax
       /etc/telnetd

Description
       The  server  supports the DARPA standard TELNET virtual terminal protocol.  The TELNET server is invoked when receives a connection request
       on the port indicated in the TELNET service description.

The server operates by allocating a pseudo-terminal device for a client, then creating a login process which has  the  slave  side  of  the
       pseudo-terminal	as stdin, stdout, and stderr.  The server manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, implementing the TELNET pro-
       tocol and passing characters between the client and login process.

When a TELNET session is started up, sends a TELNET option to the client side indicating a willingness to do remote echo of characters,	to
       suppress  go  ahead, and to receive terminal type information from the remote client.  If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal
       type is propagated in the environment of the created login process.  The pseudo terminal allocated to the client is configured  to  operate
       in cooked mode and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled.

Aside  from  this  initial  setup, the only mode changes will carry out are those required for echoing characters at the client side of the
       connection.

The server supports binary mode, suppress go ahead, echo, and timing mark.  It also allows a remote client to do binary, terminal type, and
       suppress go ahead.

Restrictions
       Some TELNET commands are only partially implemented.

The TELNET protocol allows the exchange of the number of lines and columns on the user's terminal, but does not make use of them.

The terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lower case.

The server never sends TELNET go ahead commands.

See Also
       telnet(1c), pty(4), tty(4), services(5), inetd(8c)

telnetd(8c)