Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat a file on webpage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cat a file on webpage Post 302205131 by ripat on Friday 13th of June 2008 03:00:39 PM
Old 06-13-2008
What script language do you use on the web server?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to cat out first 100 lines of a file into a different file?

Not sure how to do this exactly.. just want to take the first 100 lines of a file and cat it out into a second file. I know I can do a more on a file and > it into a different file, but how can I make it so only the first 100 lines get moved over? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cat file

I want to cat a file with only show the line contain '/bin/bash' but don't show the line contain 'load' (don't show if the line contain 'load' and '/bin/bash' together), how to type in the command? thk a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat file

how to cat a file by ignoring first line and last line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for i in `cat file` do

in bash: for i in `cat file` ; do echo $i done; how will i do this in perl ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing information to a file on webpage

ok so I have a file on a website. this file is a plain text file i need to be able to update the contents of this file from any internet enabled unix box. does anyone have ideas on how it can be done, without using scp/ftp? i know wget can be used to download the file: wget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read version from a webpage and Upgrading the file.

Hi, I am trying to read version from a web url like <url/daily-builds/sdk-3.2.v20140312170355-osx.zip> and download and store in my filesystem if its the latest. Kindly help me how to read version 3.2.v20140312170355 and compare same with a folder named similar in my directory and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pragyarastogi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies
Mason::Manual::Setup(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Mason::Manual::Setup(3pm)

NAME
Mason::Manual::Setup - Setting up Mason SETUP
Web development The most common use of Mason is to generate dynamic web content. Poet is a web framework designed specifically to work with Mason. Given an HTTP request, Poet generates a corresponding Mason request, and uses the output from Mason to form the HTTP response. Poet takes care of the web development details that are outside of Mason's domain, such as server integration and configuration. Poet::Manual::Tutorial shows how to set up a Poet/Mason site in great detail. Mason can also be used in the popular web frameworks Catalyst and Dancer, as a drop-in replacement for their default template engines. See Catalyst::View::Mason2 and Dancer::Template::Mason2. Non-web development Mason can be used to generate any kind of dynamic content. I have personally used it to generate Apache configuration files, emails, and C++ code. To use Mason from a script or library, use the Mason::Interp API: my $interp = Mason->new( comp_root => '/path/to/comps', data_dir => '/path/to/data', ... ); my $output = $interp->run( '/request/path', foo => 5 )->output(); If you want to process a directory with a mix of Mason templates and static files, check out Any::Template::ProcessDir. To try out Mason syntax from the command line, use the mason script: % mason 2 + 2 = <% 2+2 %> ^D 2 + 2 = 4 LOGGING
Mason uses Log::Any to log various events, such as the start and end of each request. You can direct thesse logs to the output of your choice; see Log::Any::Adapter. If you don't specify anything then the logs will go into the void. SEE ALSO
Mason AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-02 Mason::Manual::Setup(3pm)