Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run the command inside perl script Post 302205059 by spirtle on Friday 13th of June 2008 10:01:41 AM
Old 06-13-2008
Take the bit inside the single quotes, paste it into a file, and run perl with
perl -p file FIA.txt
The -p flag implicitly adds some extra functionality -- see man perlrun for details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

3. Programming

Executing a awk command inside perl script --

Hello experts I want to execute a awk command, which reads from txt files and sums the numbers from the first column for those listed only inside a <init> block -- The awk command is like awk '/<\/?init>/{x = !x}x{a++}x && a > 2{sum+=$1}END{printf"%E" "\n", sum} So, I want to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkass
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl command in script[solved]

Hi all, When I put the Perl command in a script, I got error. system("perl -pi -e 's@words@words@g' myFile"); The error is: Unrecognized character \x8A; marked by <-- HERE after دت مد�<-- HERE near column 15 at -e line 1. Thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 06:30 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lham
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash- Command run from script does not pass full parameters with spaces inside

There's a JavaScript file that I call from command line (there's a framework) like so: ./RunDiag.js param1:'string one here' param2:'string two here' I have a shell script where I invoke the above command. I can run it in a script as simple as this #!/bin/bash stuff="./RunDiag.js... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run bash command inside zsh script

Hi, I would like to run following code in bash inside a zsh script. (In this case is output unfortunately very different if you run it in zsh). I tried to put "bash" in front of the code but I obtained following error message "bash: do: No such file or directory " eve though I merged the whole... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listen sharp time to run a command inside a script

Hello, Just wondered if there is any possibility to run a command at sharp time inside a script in linux. My question is not about crontab Example: #!/bin/bash cd /home/database for i in * do command 1 if time is 19:00, day is Monday then run command2 if time is 20:00, day is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run awk command inside ssh

I am trying to run an awk command inside of ssh and it is not working. These are AIX servers. for i in `cat servers`; do ssh $i "/bin/hostname; df -g | awk '/dev/ && $4+0 > 70'"; done server1 server2 server3 server4 I also tried these two methods and they did not work. It just seemed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
PPERL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 PPERL(1p)

NAME
PPerl - Make perl scripts persistent in memory SYNOPSIS
$ pperl foo.pl DESCRIPTION
This program turns ordinary perl scripts into long running daemons, making subsequent executions extremely fast. It forks several processes for each script, allowing many processes to call the script at once. It works a lot like SpeedyCGI, but is written a little differently. I didn't use the SpeedyCGI codebase, because I couldn't get it to compile, and needed something ASAP. The easiest way to use this is to change your shebang line from: #!/usr/bin/perl -w To use pperl instead: #!/usr/bin/pperl -w WARNINGS
Like other persistent environments, this one has problems with things like BEGIN blocks, global variables, etc. So beware, and try checking the mod_perl guide at http://perl.apache.org/guide/ for lots of information that applies to many persistent perl environments. Parameters $ pperl <perl params> -- <pperl params> scriptname <script params> The perl params are sent to the perl binary the first time it is started up. See perlrun for details. The pperl params control how pperl works. Try -h for an overview. The script params are passed to the script on every invocation. The script also gets any current environment variables, the current working directory, and everything on STDIN. Killing In order to kill a currently running PPerl process, use: pperl -- -k <scriptname> You need to make sure the path to the script is the same as when it was invoked. Alternatively look for a .pid file for the script in your tmp directory, and kill (with SIGINT) the process with that PID. ENVIRONMENT
pperl uses the PPERL_TMP_PATH environment variable to determine the directory where to store the files used for inter-process communication. By default, the subdirectory .pperl of the user's home directory is used. BUGS
The process does not reload when the script or modules change. $^S is not represented identically with respect to perl, since your script will be run within an eval block AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org. Copyright 2001 MessageLabs Ltd. SEE ALSO
perl. perlrun. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 PPERL(1p)