Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers restarting a webserver on hang Post 302204942 by zaxxon on Friday 13th of June 2008 01:23:04 AM
Old 06-13-2008
I think that's ok. Maybe place that script onto some more remote clients (maybe in different networks/subnets) so you can also check the connectivity over the network and if more than <n> clients wait more than 5 secs for the answer, you can restart it.
Not sure what this script looks like, maybe use wget to get some web content from your webserver. If your script works, don't worry, I think Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Webserver Setup, need help!

Hey guys, does anyone know how I edit, configure the server settings using the terminal? MySQL and PHP was once working. But after frying the Xserve G5 i'm in the middle of rebuilding everything, I believe i need to re-configure the root document directory... but have forgotten how to edit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hype.it
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Cannot connect to webserver

Hello All, I need some help as to how to debug the problem I am having with my webserver. I am using Suse 9.2 pro as my server. I have setup my firewall and router to forward http 80 request to my linux server. I tried pinging my server from work - it worked. I tried running localhost... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting the Spooler

:confused: Everytime our UNIXWARE 7 Server is restarted we also have to restart the spooler. If the spooler is not restarted, print jobs get stuck in the queu. Once restarted by using the following command lpstop and lpstart everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apache webserver

Can I set up an apache webserver on Mandriva? Looking for the easiest webserver program to install basic webserver just for home use. Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
2 Replies

5. Solaris

webserver login

how can I get statistics and web analysis for solaris 10 webserver access? what is the file? and what is the tools to analyze it? thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

telnet Webserver GET /

I want to incorporate this in a script for some simple monitoring for my webserver telnet localhost 80 GET /opencms/opencms/test/index.html how to do it? I tried echo "GET /opencms/opencms/test/index.html" | telnet localhost 80 I tried telnet localhost 80 << EOF echo "GET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
4 Replies

7. Programming

Restarting the program

Hi, I use gfortran to run the code. Some times I need to stop the program and restart it. On restarting I need to run the program from the beginning. Is there any script or option available to restart the program from where it stopped? This script/option will be immensely useful for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting a process

Hi, How is it possible to restart only your process. I can get the process killed but I am not able to start it. For eg : i first did this ps -ef|grep _out --displays all the process with _out in the name then I killed kill -15 36044 -- process id. Now how can i start the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TH3M0Nk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in restarting process

Hi friends, I have one unix command which is used to check the network status manually. followig is the command check_Network this command give follwoing status Network 1 is ok Network 2 is ok network 3 is ok network 4 is ok . . . . Network 10 is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
8 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Netcat ( nc -l ) as webserver

Dear Linux guru's I am trying to create a webserver using nc (netcat only) on RHEL 7.2 running on bash shell. now the easy thing is to get nc listing to a port and respond back $ while true; do { echo -e 'HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n'; set; } | nc -l 7877; done This when called from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies
clients.conf(5) 					  FreeRADIUS client configuration					   clients.conf(5)

NAME
clients.conf - FreeRADIUS client configuration DESCRIPTION
The clients.conf file contains definitions of RADIUS clients. The information in this file overrides any information provided in the deprecated clients(5) and naslist(5) files. The file format is the same as that used for radiusd.conf. See radiusd.conf(5) for more details. Each RADIUS client entry has the following basic form: client <short-name> { <attribute> = <value> } ATTRIBUTES
The attributes that can appear in a client section are listed below. Required attributes are labelled as such. All other attributes are optional. ipaddr [Required] The IP address of the client. For IPv6, use "ipv6addr" secret [Required] The RADIUS shared secret used for communication between the client/NAS and the RADIUS server. shortname [optional] A short alias that can be used in place of the IP address or fully qualified hostname provided in the first line of the section. nastype The nastype attribute is used to tell the checkrad.pl script which NAS-specific method it should use when checking simultaneous use. The following values are currently recognized: cisco computone livingston max40xx multitech netserver pathras patton portslave tc usrhiper other login Reserved for future use. password Reserved for future use. EXAMPLES
client localhost { ipaddr = 127.0.0.1 secret = testing123 shortname = localhost nastype = other } This adds a client for the loopback address. This is useful in testing the server locally, for example with radclient(1). client private-network-1 { ipaddr = 192.168.0.0 netmask = 24 secret = testing123-1 shortname = private-network-1 } This entry represents any client from the 192.168.0.0/24 network. The old-style format from 1.x is still accepted by the server, but that form is deprecated. FILES
/etc/raddb/clients.conf /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5), clients(5), naslist(5) AUTHOR
FreeRADIUS is authored by the FreeRADIUS team. http://freeradius.org/ 13 June 2005 clients.conf(5)