Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error while opening files in a directory Post 302204593 by spirtle on Thursday 12th of June 2008 05:01:14 AM
Old 06-12-2008
Get more information about why you cannot open the directory with
Code:
opendir(HOMEDIR,"c:\vin") || die("unable to open directory: $!");

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening Files

I'm a new to UNIX/LINUX. I just put cygwin on my laptop and I can navigate around the directories, but I can't open files (.doc, .ppt, .html or .exe). Is there an explicit command to do this? I know that in Solaris when it does not recognize the file, it brings up the list of available viewing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening files

I am very new to unix. I want to open a file and read one line in at a time. Can anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarshad001
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening non-html files in lynx??

when i try to open a txt file in lynx I need to provide the filename or use wildcards to open. Autocompletion doesn't work for some reason. Also, trying to open files like: .sh, .py etc. ends up in the following error: lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening Files in append mode

Is there any other way to open a file in append mode without using C calls or >> redirection? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unusual error - moving files to another directory

Dear experts, Im having an unusual problem and its been giving me a bad headache. I have the script below #!/usr/bin/sh -x ticketinputdir=/IN_DATA1/tickets ticketoutputdir=/IN_DATA2 YDAY=`env TZ=A12B date '+%Y%m%d'` for i in INA INB INC IND INE do mkdir $ticketoutputdir/$i/$YDAY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

6. Web Development

opening text files with javascript

Im aware under IE, javascript uses ActiveX Objects to open up and manipulate text files, excel files etc.. How abouts would I open a text file using javascript in Firefox ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find files with ERROR's in log directory

Using a Single Unix Command how can i find all of the files ending in .log in the /output directory tree that have the string “ERROR:” in the file I tried these but was not successful: cd /output; ls *.log | grep "ERROR:" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Error opening script file - location error

Hello, I know nothing about UNIX, ftp, etc. I am building an excel VBA macro which calls a .bat file. I've taken a pre-existing batch file and am trying to modify it to fit my purposes. I would be very grateful for some assistance. Here is my .bat file: echo off set... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: starcraftbud
9 Replies

9. Programming

help with opening files and reading them in C

In C, given a name or path to a file, how do I check if the path is valid, and how can I check its permisions will let me read from it, and how do i check if its an empty file? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resize2fs open: Is a directory while opening /home

Can anyone explain this error to me? I am trying to use resize2fs to resize an ext4 partition. I did unmount the partition and I don't have any files opened or anything like that. Here is the full output. # resize2fs -p /home 3G resize2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010) open: Is a directory while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)