Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to delete the files in day wise... Post 302204588 by shafi2all on Thursday 12th of June 2008 04:41:05 AM
Old 06-12-2008
find /iims-home/data/uat1/batch/staging/ -name "ErrorReport2008-*" -mtime +1 | /usr/bin/xargs rm *

Try above command and check the usage of xargs(black horses) command on AIX. I have not much worked on AIX.

Shafi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files and directory in Page wise

!hello , Any one can me how can i display files and directory in Pagewise. how to change prompt in UNIX . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smdakram
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files one day old in current month only

i want to delete files that are one day old condition is files should be of current month only ie if iam running script on 1 march it should not delete files of 28 feb(29 if leap year :-)} any modifications to find $DIR -type f -atime +1 -exec rm -f{}\; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
4 Replies

3. Solaris

delete files by date wise

Hi guys, I want to delete files from june 13 to june 30, using rm command can any one tell me the sintax to remove. I ahve hunderd of core files in my /var dir. so i want to clear last month core files. Thanks in Advance.:)) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file column wise and delete it

i have a file which has a column that is unique i am intending to serach it and if it is there to remove the row. the file looks like ROLLNO,NAME ,SUB1,SUB2,SUB3,TOTAL,PERCENTAGE,RESULT 15 ,rig ,34 ,56 ,87 ,177 ,59 % ,PASS 23 ,wel ,45 ,76 ,56 ,177 ,59 % ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file column wise and delete it

Scottn, m really sorry but i have not got my answer yet. my concern is how to delete the row !!! i have a file which has a column that is unique i am intending to serach it and if it is there to remove the row. the file looks like ROLLNO,NAME ,SUB1,SUB2,SUB3,TOTAL,PERCENTAGE,RESULT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete files which more than one Day old?

I have a directory /opt/targets which generates more than 1000 files per day and I want to delete all the files which are more than 1 day old...ie 24hrs+ Please help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilrk07
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete subdirectories that are more than 1 day old AND have NO files on them

Hi Experts , At a particular dir , How to delete subirectories that are more than 1 day old AND have NO files in them. PS : -empty option is not working at my Sun OS version. Thanks, A (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies
REALPATH(1)							      Debian							       REALPATH(1)

NAME
realpath - return the canonicalised absolute pathname SYNOPSIS
realpath [-s|--strip] [-z|--zero] filename ... realpath --h|--help realpath --v|--version DESCRIPTION
realpath converts each filename argument to an absolute pathname, which has no components that are symbolic links or the special . or .. directory entries. (See realpath(3) for more information.) Each path component in the filename must exist, otherwise realpath will fail and non-zero exit status will be returned. Please note that mostly the same functionality is provided by the `-e' option of the readlink(1) command. When the -s option is used realpath only removes the . and .. directories, but not symbolic links from filename. If the given filename argument is relative (i.e. does not start with `/'), realpath -s prepends to it the current directory name as obtained from the getcwd(2) system call before further processing. Each converted pathname is output to the standard output, on its own line. OPTIONS
-s, --strip Only strip . and .., components, but do not resolve symbolic links. -z, --zero Separate output filenames with the null character instead of newline, so it can be used with the `-0' option of xargs(1). -h, --help Print short usage information. -v, --version Show realpath's version number. EXAMPLES
For the examples below let's suppose that /usr/bin/X11 is a symbolic link, pointing to directory /usr/bin. Example 1 Regardless of what the current directory is realpath /../usr/bin/X11/./xterm prints /usr/bin/xterm but realpath -s /../usr/bin/X11/./xterm outputs /usr/bin/X11/xterm Example 2 When the current directory is /usr/bin/X11 (which is still a symbolic link to /usr/bin), the output of both realpath ./xterm and realpath -s ./xterm will be /usr/bin/xterm Example 3 Providing that the current directory is /home/user (and the directory exists before and during the realpath run), the command realpath ../path/to/some/./non-existent/./directory/../or/../file will fail with the following error ../path/to/some/./non-existent/./directory/../or/../file: No such file or directory but realpath -s ../path/to/some/./non-existent/./directory/../or/../file will return /home/path/to/some/non-existent/file EXIT STATUS
realpath returns a zero exit code when all pathnames were successfully converted. In case of any errors (e.g. missing or unavailable directories in the path), realpath prints error message to stderr and returns a non-zero exit code. SEE ALSO
basename(1), dirname(1), readlink(1), chase(1), realpath(3) BUGS
Hopefully none :) If you find some, please report them via the normal Debian bug reporting system, see the file /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt in the package doc-debian or the reportbug(1) man page. AUTHOR
Originally written by Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>, as a part of the dwww package. Robert Luberda <robert@debian.org> currently maintains and extends it. realpath is licensed via the GNU General Public License. While it has been written for Debian, porting it to other systems is strongly encouraged. Debian October 16th, 2011 REALPATH(1)