Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Netbackup Questions
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Netbackup Questions Post 302204335 by sparcguy on Wednesday 11th of June 2008 10:21:05 AM
Old 06-11-2008
Wow very powerful command, another one to put into my little black book. It really works as you said and this has saved me a lot of work already.

Thanks a lot Grippo

You Da' Man Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup question

Hello, I am setting up scripts to do shadow image backups but have found a pitfall I cannot figure out how to work around. Basically what I need to figure out is how to launch a bunch of bpbackups, and then have the script pause until all of the children have exited. The problem is that bpbackup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Netbackup on Solaris 8

Hi, Anyone know netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8 . Currently I use root to perform backup / monitoring ...etc . Can I create a user call "backup" and perform the same task What permission should I give the "backup" user . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Netbackup Installation

Hello all. I have a HP-UX 11.11 system that I need to install Netbackup 6.5 onto. After I mount the cd drive and run the 'install' command, it comes back with the following error: usage: install file WHAT options is it talking about? When I look at the documentation from Netbackup, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup 6 Question

What is the command to find out if a policy has been run and if it has the date it was last run? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
0 Replies

6. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

7. Solaris

veritas netbackup

Hi All, We are currently running Veritas netbackup. We are currently having a few issues where were unable to log in due to several errors. Out usual fix for this is to recycle the backup servers however due to the nature of the information being backed up this is done by someone else and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyclayton201
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup Report

Would I be able to get the report (text format) of an activity monitor view of a netbackup via command line? I am trying to make a script out of it that would be run daily an be saved in a txt document which would could be viewed for history purpose. I need minimal details only like policy name,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vertas netbackup for Unix

Hello experts, I will be joining a company in a few days time which put me in veritas netbackup project. Can anyone please let me know how much knowledge of unix is needed for veritas netbackup?They will be providing training on netbackup.So i want to learn unix till then to make my base strong.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh14
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Netbackup error code 58.

hey guys..........i am currently working on shell script that resolves status code 58 in netbackuptool .............this error is actually coz when server cannot communicate to the client so i am trying to write a shell script to do this automatically instead of series of steps... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
0 Replies
FSCK_MSDOS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     FSCK_MSDOS(8)

NAME
fsck_msdos -- DOS/Windows (FAT) filesystem consistency checker SYNOPSIS
fsck_msdos -p [-f] filesystem ... fsck_msdos [-fny] [-x snap-backup] filesystem ... DESCRIPTION
The fsck_msdos utility verifies and repairs FAT filesystems (more commonly known as DOS filesystems). The first form of fsck_msdos preens the specified filesystems. It is normally started by fsck(8) run from /etc/rc during automatic reboot, when a FAT filesystem is detected. When preening file systems, fsck_msdos will fix common inconsistencies non-interactively. If more seri- ous problems are found, fsck_msdos does not try to fix them, indicates that it was not successful, and exits. The second form of fsck_msdos checks the specified file systems and tries to repair all detected inconsistencies, requesting confirmation before making any changes. The options are as follows: -f This option is ignored by fsck_msdos, and is present only for compatibility with programs that check other file system types for consistency, such as fsck_ffs(8). -n Causes fsck_msdos to assume no as the answer to all operator questions, except ``CONTINUE?''. -p Preen the specified filesystems. -x snap-backup Use a snapshot with snap-backup as backup to check a read-write mounted filesystem. Must be used with -n. See fss(4) for more details. The point is to check an internally-consistent version of the filesystem to find out if it is damaged; on failure one should unmount the filesystem and repair it. -y Causes fsck_msdos to assume yes as the answer to all operator questions. SEE ALSO
fss(4), fsck(8), fsck_ffs(8), mount_msdos(8) BUGS
fsck_msdos is still under construction. BSD
April 11, 2010 BSD