Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting needed help in writing a script! Post 302204300 by wrapster on Wednesday 11th of June 2008 08:47:32 AM
Old 06-11-2008
needed help in writing a script!

Hi all,

I needed help in writing a script for the following question.please help.

Non-recursive shell script that accepts any number of arguments and prints
them in the Reverse order. (For example, if the script is named rargs, then
executing rargs A B C should produce C B A on the standard output).

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help writing a script

Hello everyone. Well, I will get right to the point. I am new to Perl and trying to learn it as much as I can. I have been assigned the task of writing a perl script to extract information from firewall logs. Like I said, I am new to Perl and I am having a tough time because I think what I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing awk script for xml source

Hi, i am not able to get an approach for converting xml file to flat file using awk programming. Can anyone help me out. The input xml is like this: <outer> <field1>one</field1> <field2>two</field2> <field3>three<Error Code=777 Description=12345/></field3> <field4>four</field4> </outer>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_0101bits
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for writing a script

I have a requirement to write a script to get the number of errors generated during a time period. How can I achieve this. To be exact, I need to get the number of 404 or 500 errors generated during a time period from 01 to 02 hrs from a webserver access log. Any help will be appreciated.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram_1978
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in writing a script

when i run a command the output is something like this: #3136 0.872914 01/17/08 22:06:36 #24817 1.231532 01/18/08 05:00:44 #15371 1.291679 01/18/08 03:00:08 #21279 2.130480 01/18/08 04:03:16 #7835 27.892056 01/18/08 00:01:32 i need to check if any one of the second column is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybersandex
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing this script

Here is the script I am trying to write along with my answer I wrote. Please help me understand why it doesn't work. Create an executable script file called "newname" that will perform the followings: 1. Rename a file upon the user's request. If the file exists, prompt the user for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in writing the script

Hi, I have written a script which converts a give hexdecimal value to binary value in perl. But now, the problem is I should read every bit of it ( if its 10101010, i should read the value in each position and if the value in that position is 1 i should print a string and should exit if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashreddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in writing my script

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in writing script

i need some help in donig some actions on files in a library. i want to get the n last files, and print to the screen their name, date, and how many times a specific string appears in each file.. how can i do this..?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing a menu driven script

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me write a shell script in Linux that backsup/restores data to anywhere I choose but it needs to be menu driven? Thanks, I'm new to Linux/Unix but liking it so far...just hoping to get to grips with the scripts! :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicole
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Please help me writing this script

I work on a production server. I have to check one folder named "spool" and delete files under it , which are more than 5 minutes old. I do it manually by writing two commands. touch -t YYMMDDHHMMSS /tmp/timeinfo find /spool ! -newer /tmp/timeinfo -exec rm -rf {} \; I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies
scotty(1)							 Tnm Tcl Extension							 scotty(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
scotty - A Tcl shell including the Tnm extensions. SYNOPSIS
scotty ?fileName arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
scotty is a Tcl interpreter with extensions to obtain status and configuration information about TCP/IP networks. After startup, scotty evaluates the commands stored in .scottyrc and .tclshrc in the home directory of the user. SCRIPT FILES
If scotty is invoked with arguments then the first argument is the name of a script file and any additional arguments are made available to the script as variables (see below). Instead of reading commands from standard input scotty will read Tcl commands from the named file; scotty will exit when it reaches the end of the file. If you create a Tcl script in a file whose first line is #!/usr/local/bin/scotty2.1.11 then you can invoke the script file directly from your shell if you mark the file as executable. This assumes that scotty has been installed in the default location in /usr/local/bin; if it's installed somewhere else then you'll have to modify the above line to match. Many UNIX systems do not allow the #! line to exceed about 30 characters in length, so be sure that the scotty executable can be accessed with a short file name. An even better approach is to start your script files with the following three lines: #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using scotty exec scotty2.1.11 "$0" "$@" This approach has three advantages over the approach in the previous paragraph. First, the location of the scotty binary doesn't have to be hard-wired into the script: it can be anywhere in your shell search path. Second, it gets around the 30-character file name limit in the previous approach. Third, this approach will work even if scotty is itself a shell script (this is done on some systems in order to handle multiple architectures or operating systems: the scotty script selects one of several binaries to run). The three lines cause both sh and scotty to process the script, but the exec is only executed by sh. sh processes the script first; it treats the second line as a comment and executes the third line. The exec statement cause the shell to stop processing and instead to start up scotty to reprocess the entire script. When scotty starts up, it treats all three lines as comments, since the backslash at the end of the second line causes the third line to be treated as part of the comment on the second line. VARIABLES
Scotty sets the following Tcl variables: argc Contains a count of the number of arg arguments (0 if none), not including the name of the script file. argv Contains a Tcl list whose elements are the arg arguments, in order, or an empty string if there are no arg arguments. argv0 Contains fileName if it was specified. Otherwise, contains the name by which scotty was invoked. tcl_interactive Contains 1 if scotty is running interactively (no fileName was specified and standard input is a terminal-like device), 0 otherwise. PROMPTS
When scotty is invoked interactively it normally prompts for each command with ``% ''. You can change the prompt by setting the variables tcl_prompt1 and tcl_prompt2. If variable tcl_prompt1 exists then it must consist of a Tcl script to output a prompt; instead of out- putting a prompt scotty will evaluate the script in tcl_prompt1. The variable tcl_prompt2 is used in a similar way when a newline is typed but the current command isn't yet complete; if tcl_prompt2 isn't set then no prompt is output for incomplete commands. SEE ALSO
Tnm(n), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm scotty(1)