Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doubt over Uid and User name. Post 302203544 by siba.s.nayak on Monday 9th of June 2008 05:48:47 AM
Old 06-09-2008
Doubt over Uid and User name.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Siba

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

User ID (UID) in AIX

what is the upper limit for UID is AIX 5.3 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt regarding user password expiry in unix

I want to know the command through which we can know the expiry date of the password. I tried chage but it is not working on my system please provide necessary information I am not using root I need info on user level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irshad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NIS User UID Change

Hi All, I need to change the UID numbers of many NIS users, is there any command to modify the UID in NIS maps ? ( like usermod) so that their file permissions will be same even with their new UID. If not, how to check all the files owned by particular user in a computer and change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAA
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt User Log

How can I identify usernames on UNIX, when these users don't access the server, they access folders on this server. Is it possible? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DyDyLc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the username if I know only the user's UID?

Hi, I know the user's UID, but I need to know the user's username which has this UID. How can I do it?? Any ideas? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodrigoroma
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script doubt in extracting and comparing uid

Hi, I need to get the value of 'uid' from a line in file f1. For example, in the line below, I need to get the value '150', from the 'anonuid=150' key, and I need to verify that this is a valid uid by checking it against /etc/passwd (i.e) I want to compare this uid, 150 (or more if there are any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user if UID not exist; else, exit the script

Hi, I want to write a script to check whether an user ID is used in my server and then create that user. If the user ID is not used, I will echo something like "OK, continue" and then continue to execute the script. Else, I will echo something like "Used, exit" and then exit the script. As... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UID of user accounts on *nix systems

Hi, As the /etc/passwd file contents all system and other users accounts on a linux/unix system, can anyone tell me what is the User ID values range for human user accounts (not system user accounts) on a linux (Red Hat/SuSE etc) and Unix (Solaris) OS. I heard below number 100, all users are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps - list where UID is numeric or name and for current user

Hi, 'ps -ef' returns output of the following format UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 17573 1 0 Sep12 tty6 00:00:00 /sbin/mingetty tty6 hpsmh 18150 14864 0 Sep12 ? 00:00:00 /opt/hp/hpsmh/sbin/hpsmhd -DSSL -f /opt/hp/hpsmh/conf/smhpd.conf root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
3 Replies

10. AIX

UID & GID instead of user name and group name

Hi Everyone, We are encountering the following issue on AIX 5.3. When we do ls -ltr the list displays only user id and group id instead of user name and group name. This is happening for all users except root. Whe we do ls -ltr with root user it shows perfectly fine. When we searched... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhav.kunapa
25 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)