Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris USB External Hard Drive for Solaris 10 Sparc Post 302203410 by nickelj on Sunday 8th of June 2008 05:46:35 PM
Old 06-08-2008
USB External Hard Drive for Solaris 10 Sparc

Hi,

if it's not too late, yes i have an external usb drive on SPARC Ultra-10 with on a unsupported USB PCI Card running. It work's fine. The only thing you have to look after is that you have the USB 2.0 driver (not sure if it is correct named but it's the one that support ~480Mbits/s throughput).

That's all and yes i have Solaris 10 on that box.

cheers
Jens

PS: i would recommend to update the obp to the latest 4.16 is fairly outdated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

External Lacie USB hard disks

I'm trying to mount a USB Lacie external hardrive in my Linux system but am having trouble doing so, I'm also having trouble mounting my USB ZIP 250 drive. It is totally me being stupid, but I'm new to unix and am having a few teathing problems. the command I'm using is the following mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: electrode101
4 Replies

2. Solaris

FAT32 usb external hard drive - how to mount??

Hello ! What is the comand to mount and usb hard disk ? I have Solaris 10 installed! 10nx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daniel.balasa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External SCSI hard drive

Someone gave me a small external SCSI hard drive for my SunOS 5.8 test system. How do I make Unix see the hard drive? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

external USb hard disk reading problem

Hello, I am facing a hard disk drive reading problem since last one month and not able to resolve it. The thing is I purchased external USB hard disk (seagate 40 gb) 2 years back.And uptil now its working perfectly fine. But suddenly one day I am not able to read my data. The problem goes like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albertspade
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris x86 through an external DVD drive through the USB port...

Is there a way to install Solaris 10 x86 with an external DVD drive that connects through the USB port? I would think I would run GRUB off of a floppy disk and somehow use that to make it look to the USB port to boot from but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding USB Drive to Sparc

I have a sparc machine with which I am trying to add an external USB drive. The server does recognize the USB device, but I cannot see it as an external drive. How to overcome the issue of driver initialization. Much appreciate any help. more /etc/release Solaris 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Boot Solaris off of an old external hard drive

Hi Folks, First a little background, I am working on a ship that operates in the Indian Ocean and Persian/Arabian gulf area. We had a Sunblade 2000 that finally died. The Video board burned up and I guess damaged the mother board. So we ordered 2 rebuilt 2000s one as a spare. Due to mounting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean.kelly
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Waking Up USB External Hard Drive for file archiving

Hello Experts, I hope I'm writing to the correct category for my question. I have a very basic shell script for doing file archiving to the external usb hard drive (WD studio edition II 2TB formatted as FAT32 for compatibility). The shell script only needs to run once per day. It basically... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Usb external drive

Hi Guys I am using RHEL5 O/S. We have mounted the usb external hard drive to the server as root. I want the user oracle to be able to write into this external hard drive. How do i do that ? Please Help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
usb_as(7D)							      Devices								usb_as(7D)

NAME
usb_as - USB audio streaming driver SYNOPSIS
sound@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The usb_as driver is a USBA (Solaris USB Architecture) compliant client driver that supports the USB Audio Class 1.0 specification. The usb_as driver processes audio data messages during play and record and sets sample frequency, precision, encoding and other functions on request from the USB audio control driver. See usb_ac(7D). This driver is plumbed under the USB audio control driver and does not directly interface with the user application. FILES
/kernel/drv/usb_as 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/amd64/usb_as 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/usb_as 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86, PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Stability level |Evolving | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mixerctl(1), attributes(5), usba(7D), usb_ac(7D), audio(7I), mixer(7I), streamio(7I) Writing Device Drivers Universal Serial Bus Specification 1.0 and 1.1 System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGNOSTICS
In addition to being logged, the following messages may appear on the system console. All messages are formatted in the following manner: Warning: <device path> (usb_as<instance num>): Error Message... where <device path> is the physical path to the device in /devices directory. No bandwidth available. There is no bandwidth available for the isochronous pipe. As a result, no data will be transferred during play and record. Operating a full/high speed audio device on a high speed port is not supported. The USB software does not currently support full or high speed audio devices connected to an external USB 2.0 hub that is linked to a port of a USB 2.0 host controller. Audio devices must be connected directly to a port of a USB 2.0 controller or to any USB 1.1 port. Cannot access device. Please reconnect <name>. There was an error in accessing the device during reconnect. Please reconnect the device. Device is not identical to the previous one on this port. Please disconnect and reconnect. A USB audio streaming interface was hot-removed while open. A new device was hot-inserted which is not identical to the original USB audio device. Please disconnect the USB device and reconnect the device to the same port. NOTES
The USB audio streaming interface will be power managed if the device is idle. SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 usb_as(7D)