Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What am I doing wrong!!!
Top Forums Programming What am I doing wrong!!! Post 302203391 by fpmurphy on Sunday 8th of June 2008 11:50:58 AM
Old 06-08-2008
I have simplified your example to just print out the file so that the required change is more obvious:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

/* prototype */
int prompt(FILE **);

int
main(int argc, char *argv)
{
    int fcharin;
    FILE *in;

prompt(&in);

while ((fcharin = fgetc(in)) != EOF )
      fprintf(stdout, "%d\n", fcharin);

return 0;
}

int
prompt(FILE **inp)
{
   char fileIn[256];

printf("File to encrypt/decrypt?: ");
   scanf("%255s", fileIn);

if ((*inp = fopen(fileIn, "rb")) == NULL ) {          
       printf("Error opening input file.\n");
       exit(1);
   }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong

When I execute following shell script I am getting the following error syntax error at line 50 : `<<' unmatched What am I doing wrong :confused: Script begins here ---------------- MPAN_FILE=$1 exec 3<$MPAN_FILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please tell me what do I do wrong here!

#!/usr/bin/csh # DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` mailx -s "$H-Myfile" email@email.com</home/mydir/myfile Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anything wrong with this

Does anyone see anything wrong with this. #getInfraFiles() #{ # cd Infra/$DAY # rm * # /usr/bin/ftp -i -n $LINE << cmd # user "$USER" "$PASSWD" # cd $INFRAPATH # binary # mget * # bye #} besides that its commented out (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong here

Hello, I have a simple script such as ----------------------------- #! /bin/sh YEAR=`date -u +%Y`; MONTH=`date -u +%m`; DAY=`date -u +%d`; DATE=$MONTH$DAY$YEAR LOGFILES=auditTrail-$DATE LOGMATCH=$LOGFILES\* ARGUM='' # find all files and write them to a file find . -name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What am I doing wrong?

I really just mess around in UNIX, for the most part, when I want to get something done. I can usually piece things together by searching for brief how-to's on Google, but the syntax errors in my following .sh file are really confusing me. I've got lots of programming experience in other places, so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: demonpants
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this tr -d?

here is my command in bash shell on Mac OS X tiger: history | tr -d emacs here is what I get: hitory | grp "" | tr -d "" hitory | grp "" | tr -d """" hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what I m doing wrong?

when user select option 2 nothing happen.for testing purpose I put echo command but is not executing . basically when user prompt for option 2,I want to get list of database name from user separeted by space (TEST DEVL) and put into the file seprated by new line TEST DEVL after that stay on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: okreporthai
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong in here ???

]#PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/bin:/boot/grub:/boot/grup/bin: /boot/solaris/bin:/sbin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/5bin://usr/X11/bin:/usr/apache/bin:/usr/apache2/bin:/usr/appserver/bin:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong here?

I am working on a simple login ID check shell script that should prompt for a user ID then check to see if this user is logged on. Trying to get the hang of this stuff so I am thinking of my own little projects. #! /bin/sh echo "please enter a user name" read user if user=$user then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsk319342
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
Libnetpbm manual(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       Libnetpbm manual(3)

NAME
libnetpbm - general introduction to the netpbm library DESCRIPTION
libnetpbm is a C programming library for reading, writing, and manipulating Netpbm images. It also contains a few general graphics manipu- lation tools, but it is not intended to be a graphics tools library. For graphics tools, Netpbm expects you to run the Netpbm programs. From a C program, the libnetpbm function pm_system() makes this easy. However, since it creates a process and execs a program, this may be too heavyweight for some applications. To use libnetpbm services in your C program, #include the pam.h interface header file. For historical reasons, you can also get by in some cases with pbm.h, pgm.h, ppm.h, or pnm.h, but there's really no point to that anymore. The libnetpbm functions are divided into these categories: o PBM functions. These have names that start with pbm and work only on PBM images. o PGM functions. These have names that start with pgm and work only on PGM images. o PPM functions. These have names that start with ppm and work only on PPM images. o PNM functions. These have names that start with pnm and work on PBM, PGM, and PPM images. o PAM functions. These also have names that start with pnm and work on all the Netpbm image types. o PM functions. These are utility functions that aren't specific to any particular image format. For new programming, you rarely need to concern yourself with the PBM, PGM, PPM, and PNM functions, because the newer PAM functions do the same thing and are easier to use. For certain processing of bi-level images, the PBM functions are significantly more efficient, though. libnetpbm has a backward compatibility feature that means a function designed to read one format can read some others too, converting on the fly. In particular, a function that reads a PGM image will also read a PBM image, but converts it as it reads it so that for program- ming purposes, it is a PGM image. Similarly, a function that reads PPM can read PBM and PGM as well. And a function that reads PBM, PGM, or PPM can read a PAM that has an equivalent tuple type. For each of the five classes of libnetpbm image processing functions, libnetpbm has in in-memory representation for a pixel, a row, and a whole image. Do not confuse this format with the actual image format, as you would see in a file. The libnetpbm in-memory format is designed to make programming very easy. It is sometimes extremely inefficient, even more than the actual image format. For example, a pixel that a PPM image represents with 3 bytes, libnetpbm's PAM functions represent with 16 bytes. A pixel in a PBM image is represented by a single bit, but the PNM functions represent that pixel in memory with 96 bits. See LibnetpbmUser'sManual(3) for the basics on using libnetpbm in a program. You can look up the reference information for a particular function in ThelibnetpbmDirectory(1) Before Netpbm release 10 (June 2002), this library was split into four: libpbm, libpgm, libppm, and libpnm. That's largely the reason for the multiple sets of functions and scattered documentation. netpbm documentation December 2003 Libnetpbm manual(3)