Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access to database/eval command Post 302202979 by chriss_58 on Friday 6th of June 2008 08:01:24 AM
Old 06-06-2008
Access to database/eval command

Hi

i have the following code:
if(($line!=1) and (@field[0]!='\$')){
print ( "\nTRY TO CONNECT TO DATABASE................\n");

my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $pass);
print ("CONNECTED TO DATABASE\n");

eval
{
print("PERFORM THE SELECT COMMAND\n");
#my $sql = qq{ SELECT * FROM cc_test_cases};
my $sql= qq{select test_case_id, test_case_category, service_desc from cc_test_cases where sncode=$sncode AND zncode=$zncode AND zpcode
=$zpcode};

my $sth = $dbh->prepare( $sql );
$sth->execute( );
};

if ($@) {
print "An error occurred ($@), continuing\n";
next;
}

while(@row = $sth->fetchrow_array()) {
print("MATCH FOUND!\n");
print "$row[0]: $row[1]: $row[2]\n";
push (@field, $row[0].$row[1]);
push (@field,$row[2].'$');

My rpoblem is that when i am tryying to run this code i get the following error:

Can't call method "fetchrow_array" without a package or object reference at program line 186, <MYFILE> line 3

If i remove the eval command the program works fine.
Any idea why this happens??

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Database access

Hi, I tried to run this code but it isnt giving me any output or errors. My aim is to retrieve the row based on the flag name(this is the primary key). flag_test is my table This is how i ran it: perl read_db.pl flag1 flag1 is the criteria in where clause -------- this is my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercuryshipzz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem trying to access a database

hi guys, I am using the following code in order to access a database. #!/usr/bin/perl print "READ DATA FROM DATABASE\n"; use DBI; use strict; #use DBD::Oracle; my $user='reassure'; my $pass='R3Assur3'; #my $dsn="dbi:Oracle:orcl"; my $dsn='dbi:Oracle:cobscs.world'; my $dbh =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database access

Hell all, I have the following snippet of code: $sql=qq{select * from ( select to_char(t.start_time_timestamp,'yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss') start_time,t.s_p_number_address, null cos_icsa_code, null cos_icsa_subcode from cc_unrated_msc_flow t union select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eval command help

I have file called myfile which has the text "myserver" in it. I need to have a command to ping "myserver". How would I do that? I tried when I type at the terminal I get the output as . How do I do something like a ? thanks, Nick (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilfake
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access to a database

Hello all, is it possible to write a script in order to connect to a database, load data in a specific domain and execute the corresponding command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange result of eval, how does eval really work with ssh?

Hi all, some small script with eval turned me to crazy. my OS is linux Linux s10-1310 2.6.16.53-0.8.PTF.434477.3.TDC.0-smp #1 SMP Fri Aug 31 06:07:27 PDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux below script works well #!/bin/bash eval ssh remotehost date eval ssh remotehost ls below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl eval command .....

Hi All, I read the above written code (perl code) in another perl script and evaluates this code for each line of text file,but using exit statement in code make this not to work and i could not get the desired results. However if i use return it works fine. I just need to know why it doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of '-' in eval command.

Hi, I am trying to use eval command to evaluate a variable(HAPROXY_LISTENER_rabbitmq_project-test-BRHM_PORT) which consists of '-' but unfortunately the eval command is unable to interpret the value of variable and trims the variable name after '-' and produces the string output rather than the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kuldip
10 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)						 1						  PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)

PDOStatement::fetchAll - Returns an array containing all of the result set rows

SYNOPSIS
public array PDOStatement::fetchAll ([int $fetch_style], [mixed $fetch_argument], [array $ctor_args = array()]) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $fetch_style - Controls the contents of the returned array as documented in PDOStatement.fetch(3). Defaults to value of PDO::ATTR_DEFAULT_FETCH_MODE (which defaults to PDO::FETCH_BOTH) To return an array consisting of all values of a single column from the result set, specify PDO::FETCH_COLUMN. You can specify which column you want with the $column-index parameter. To fetch only the unique values of a single column from the result set, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_UNIQUE. To return an associative array grouped by the values of a specified column, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_GROUP. o $fetch_argument - This argument has a different meaning depending on the value of the $fetch_style parameter: o PDO::FETCH_COLUMN: Returns the indicated 0-indexed column. o PDO::FETCH_CLASS: Returns instances of the specified class, mapping the columns of each row to named properties in the class. o PDO::FETCH_FUNC: Returns the results of calling the specified function, using each row's columns as parameters in the call. o $ctor_args - Arguments of custom class constructor when the $fetch_style parameter is PDO::FETCH_CLASS. RETURN VALUES
PDOStatement.fetchAll(3) returns an array containing all of the remaining rows in the result set. The array represents each row as either an array of column values or an object with properties corresponding to each column name. An empty array is returned if there are zero results to fetch, or FALSE on failure. Using this method to fetch large result sets will result in a heavy demand on system and possibly network resources. Rather than retriev- ing all of the data and manipulating it in PHP, consider using the database server to manipulate the result sets. For example, use the WHERE and ORDER BY clauses in SQL to restrict results before retrieving and processing them with PHP. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch all remaining rows in a result set <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set */ print("Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchAll(); print_r($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: Array ( [0] => Array ( [name] => pear [0] => pear [colour] => green [1] => green ) [1] => Array ( [name] => watermelon [0] => watermelon [colour] => pink [1] => pink ) ) Example #2 Fetching all values of a single column from a result set The following example demonstrates how to return all of the values of a single column from a result set, even though the SQL state- ment itself may return multiple columns per row. <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the values of the first column */ $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN, 0); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array(3) ( [0] => string(5) => apple [1] => string(4) => pear [2] => string(10) => watermelon ) Example #3 Grouping all values by a single column The following example demonstrates how to return an associative array grouped by the values of the specified column in the result set. The array contains three keys: values apple and pear are returned as arrays that contain two different colours, while water- melon is returned as an array that contains only one colour. <?php $insert = $dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO fruit(name, colour) VALUES (?, ?)"); $insert->execute(array('apple', 'green')); $insert->execute(array('pear', 'yellow')); $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Group values by the first column */ var_dump($sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN|PDO::FETCH_GROUP)); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { ["apple"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(3) "red" } ["pear"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(6) "yellow" } ["watermelon"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(5) "green" } } Example #4 Instantiating a class for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_CLASS fetch style. <?php class fruit { public $name; public $colour; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_CLASS, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> object(fruit)#1(2) { ["name"]=> string(5) "apple" ["colour"]=> string(5) "green" } [1]=> object(fruit)#2(2) { ["name"]=> string(4) "pear" ["colour"]=> string(6) "yellow" } [2]=> object(fruit)#3(2) { ["name"]=> string(10) "watermelon" ["colour"]=> string(4) "pink" } } Example #5 Calling a function for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_FUNC fetch style. <?php function fruit($name, $colour) { return "{$name}: {$colour}"; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_FUNC, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> string(12) "apple: green" [1]=> string(12) "pear: yellow" [2]=> string(16) "watermelon: pink" } SEE ALSO
PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.fetch(3), PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3), PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.setFetchMode(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)