Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Env Variable
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Env Variable Post 302202902 by zaxxon on Friday 6th of June 2008 03:03:36 AM
Old 06-06-2008
That can happen at about every point where you can export variables.
Do a
Code:
find / -type f -exec grep -il NAMEOFTHEVARIABLE {} \;

get a cup of coffee and check back if it's done searching - if not, get another cup.
If you want to limit the directories, you can start with /etc and /home maybe.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash env variable containing @

I want to set a bash env variable which has @ in its name, for example, @YOGESH@ may i know how do i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on ENV variable

Question 1: If I set ENV=$HOME/myenvprofile.ksh, will my script get executed when ever I login to my with KSH. My doubt is we used to put this in .profile of our home directory. SO when ever I login will it executed? QUestion 2: If I set ENV=`echo "hi"` or 'echo "hi" ', what would be the output.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get env variable from last script

I have 2 scripts t2.sh calls t1.sh. I need to get the vaule of a env variable from t1.sh /tmp/test$ cat t1.sh #!/bin/sh INSTANCE="font/fc-cache" export INSTANCE svcadm disable ${INSTANCE} /tmp/test$ cat t2.sh #!/bin/sh . /tmp/test/t1.sh echo ${INSTANCE} The above works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Global Env Variable

Greetings: I need to remove 'RUBYOPT' env variable to install MacRuby. I see it via $env (tchrc). I checked my (local) .tcshrc, .login, .profile files: not defined there. Apparently, it's not set locally. I know this RUBYOPT is global, since I can see it in another account on my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: UncleRic
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env variable

Hello, I want to cange env variable on SunOS. I tried: export GONGA=$GONGA:/users/BANK1/basic/queues/SARON_SPACE1 it changed it only localy for my session. when i opened a new session (telnet etc') the old value exist. How can I change it to effact all sessions. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add env variable in a file

Hi, I have a small requirement set -x `grep IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt | cut -d'=' -f2` if ; then sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#d' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt echo "IMPACT_HOME=" >> /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact#g' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Env variable in solaris

Hi, Am installing SAP on Solaris 10. How to set env variables permanently? Reg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daggupati453
0 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Treat value of variable as env variable

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have a config file, which contains 2 coulmn.values of first column are environmnet variable, whose value is defined in an environment file. In my script I need to read the config file, and get the value of the config file variable from env file. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok2082
2 Replies
map-mbone(1M)															     map-mbone(1M)

NAME
map-mbone - Multicast Router Connection Mapper SYNOPSIS
debuglevel] retries] timeout] [multicast-router] DESCRIPTION
requests the multicast router connection information from the multicast-router, and prints the information to the standard out. sends out the ASK_NEIGHBORS igmp message to the multicast-router. When the multicast-router receives the request, it sends back its configuration information. multicast-router can be either an ip address or a system name. If the multicast-router is not specified, flood mode is on by default and the igmp request message is sent to all the multicast router on the local network. With flood mode on, when finds new neighbor routers from the replies, it will send the same igmp request to the new neighbor routers. This activity continues until no new neighbor routers are reported in the replies. The command line options are: Sets the level for printing out the debug message. The default is 0, which prints only error and warning messages. Debug level three prints most the messages. Sets the retry times to poll the routing daemon for information. The default is 1. It specifies the timeout value in seconds for waiting the reply. The default value is 2 seconds. Sets the flood mode on. It is the default value when no multicast-router is given on the command line input. Generates output in GRaphEd format. Disable DNS lookup for the multicast router names. The output contains the interface configuration information of the requested router(s). The format for each interface output is: If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, they will all be reported. The neighbor_name will not be printed if the option is specified on the command line. The possible values for are: Neighbors are reached via tunnel. The tunnel uses IP source routing. The interface is down. The interface is administratively disabled for multicast routing. The local router is the querier of the subnet. The format of the GRaphEd output is: If there is no neighbor router on an interface, then a will be put next to the node_name. If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, all of them will be reported. The possible values for are: The neighbor is reached via tunnel. The neighbor is on the same network/subnet. The interface is down. Please see mrouted(1M) for and EXAMPLES
Querying for the multicast router connection information. 127.0.0.1 (localhost) [version 3.3]: 193.2.1.39 -> 0.0.0.0 (all-zeros-broadcast) [1/1/disabled] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.255.176.33 (matmos.hpl.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.17.20.7 (hpspddc.vid.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel/down] Querying for multicast router connectivity with option: GRAPH "Multicast Router Connectivity: Wed Feb 1 17:34:59 1995"=UNDIRECTED 252537488 {$ NP 1440 1060 $} "hpntc1t.cup.hp.com*" ; 252538974 {$ NP 940 1120 $} "hpntcbs.cup.hp.com" 252537488 "10/1E" 252539807 "1/1P" ; 252539807 {$ NP 1590 1150 $} "hpntc1h.cup.hp.com*" ; Note must be run as root. AUTHOR
was developed by Pavel Curtis. SEE ALSO
mrouted(1M), mrinfo(1M). map-mbone(1M)