Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to ignore * (asterisk) in a variable Post 302202784 by shew01 on Thursday 5th of June 2008 03:46:12 PM
Old 06-05-2008
It's been a while since I worked with DB2, but, the db2 command line verb may have a switch that would suppress the output of padded spaces, if it (i.e., the db2 command line verb) is the culprit. Do you get padded spaces when you run the query interactively? Say, from within Toad?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing asterisk to a script as variable

I'm writing a script that will ssh to a number of hosts and run commands. I'm a bit stumped at the moment as some of the commands that I need to run contain wildcards (i.e. *), and so far I have not figured out how to escape the * character so the script doesn't expand it. More specifically, here's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
9 Replies

2. AIX

Replace string with asterisk(*) in variable

I was trying to replace a string ( for eg - @@asterisk@@ to * ) in variable using cat $INFILE | while read LINE do stmt1=`echo $LINE | sed 's/@@asterisk@@/\*/g'` stmt=$stmt' '$stmt1 stmt2=`echo $LINE` STATEMENT=$STATEMENT' '$stmt2 done echo 'Statement with sed -- > '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign * asterisk to variable?

How can I assign asterisk to variable I have try a="\* " but I was not succesful :( any idea ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to use asterisk in variable

Hi All, I am having a challange to pass the asterisk in the variable. Basically, I am writing a shell script to check if a marker file exists but when I am assigning the varialbe it cannot use the wildcard asterisk as expected, therefore, my program is always outputs "Marker file is not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
4 Replies
WNGROUPS(7WN)							     WordNettm							     WNGROUPS(7WN)

NAME
wngroups - discussion of WordNet search code to group similar verb senses DESCRIPTION
Some similar senses of verbs have been grouped by the lexicographers. This grouping is done statically in the lexicographer source files using the semantic pointer_symbol $. Transitivity is used to combine groups of overlapping senses into the largest sense groups possible. NOTES
Coverage of verb groups is incomplete. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES (UNIX) WNHOME Base directory for WordNet. Default is /usr/local/WordNet-3.0. WNSEARCHDIR Directory in which the WordNet database has been installed. Default is WNHOME/dict. REGISTRY (WINDOWS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWordNet3.0WNHome Base directory for WordNet. Default is C:Program FilesWordNet3.0. FILES
sentidx.vrb verb sense keys and sentence frame numbers sents.vrb example sentence frames SEE ALSO
wn(1WN), wnb(1WN), senseidx(5WN), wnsearch(3WN), wndb(5WN), wnintro(7WN). WordNet 3.0 Dec 2006 WNGROUPS(7WN)