Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check solaris system performance Post 302202689 by jayaramanit on Thursday 5th of June 2008 11:34:20 AM
Old 06-05-2008
Script to check solaris system performance

Hi,

I need a script which runs in the solaris system and check the system performance eg .CPU usage, and send an alert when an thresold level is
reached.

kindly help me on this.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for system performance

I need to prepare script which will run as background process ever 30 mins to collect the following information 1. Memory usage. 2. CPU usage. 3. Number processors running. 4. System resource (CPU and Memory) used by each process. 5. Number of sessions logged PLEASE HELP ME OUT FROM THIS ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File System Check using shell script !!!

Hi Guys I m posing this new thread as I didnt get satisfactory result after running search here. My requirement is very simple (using shell script) I need to findout what all file systems are mounted -> Then I need check the health of that file system - by disk usage & by doing a simple... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
8 Replies

3. Solaris

How I can get System Performance on Solaris

Hi All, Can someone help me out knowing all commands for getting system performance on Solaris machines. Thanks in advance, Yagami Light. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagami
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the system configuration on Sun solaris

Hi, Could you pls. let me know what is cammand in unix to check the system configuration on Sun solaris. Thanks in advance. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file system size

Dears, the output of this command df -h | tr -s ' ' | cut -f5 -d' ' is capacity 24% 0% 0% 0% 0% 1% 0% 24% 24% 0% 93% 1% (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
4 Replies

6. Solaris

System Check Performance Tuning

Hello Forum, Well I am fairly new to this Solaris os thing. One thing I would like to check for system health and performance. I know the codes like prstat,vmstat,sar,iostat,netstat,prtdiag -v, What else does a want to be sys admin have to look for when checking a solaris box? I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
CHECKSECURITY(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  CHECKSECURITY(8)

NAME
checksecurity - Run a collection of simple system checks SYNOPSIS
checksecurity DESCRIPTION
The checksecurity command runs a small collection of simple system checks which are designed to catch a few common security issues. check- security is run by cron in a daily basis. CONFIGURATION
The checksecurity.conf file defines several configuration variables: MAILTO, CHECK_DISKFREE, CHECK_PASSWD and CHECK_SETUID LOGDIR. Each is described below. The checksecurity program works with a collection of plugins which are located in /usr/share/checksecurity and are configured individually by their own configuration file. CHECK_PASSWD If this is set to TRUE then the check-passwd script will be invoked. This script is designed to report upon system accounts which have no passwords. CHECK_DISKFREE If this is set to TRUE then the check-diskfree script will be invoked and will allow an alert to be sent if there is any mounted partition is running short on disk space. CHECK_SETUID If this is set to TRUE then the check-setuid script will be invoked, this will compare the setuid binaries upon the system to those that existed previously and show the differences. FILES
/etc/checksecurity.conf checksecurity configuration file SEE-ALSO See also check-diskfree(8), check-setuid(8), and check-passwd(8) Debian Linux 2 February 1997 CHECKSECURITY(8)