Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get some sort of graphics using shell scripts? Post 302201863 by wrapster on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 10:20:08 AM
Old 06-03-2008
I thought of that, but then it is compressed and if i have to find out the no of files in it then i will have to extract then perform the codes youve given..
Which i feel could incur overhead!!!

Could you tell me if its possible to compare the size of the file at the destination against the source then use it as a delimiter?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help With Shell scripts

Hello, I'm very very fresh with unix, and I would like to get familiar with it. I want to know what is Shell scripting and how other programming languages connects with it. And is there any way to learn the shell scripting, with some book and some simulator to practice on. Thanks ahead. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: holler1
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Shell Scripts

I have a text file . Format of text file. djss:xd:78:isdev:"test server" this type of row. (approx 30). I want to display like that 1. djjs@msxd testserver 2. xjfd@msxd devserver 3. 4 select any one from above choice : 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rastogideepak
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts

deleted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort shell?

hello my problem is that I have to do diferents sorts shells with diferents logical algorithms like shell sort, select sort, quick sort and bubble sort. starting from a basic shell that says something like: file = cat $1 sortLogic = $2 colSort = $3 source sortLogic file colSort > $4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgar287
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort shell

Hello, reéaliser I'd like a program that sorts the entries in a directory under different options: -R: Sorting the contents of the directory tree starting at pos. In this case we will sort with respect to the names of the entries but it will show the path; -D: sort in descending order by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yaya125
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell basic graphics demo.

I have been thinking about another shell scripting project using the Arduino Diecimila board. I was going to make a kids level slow 8 channel Logic Analyser. I thought about using the termiinal esc code graphics characters. This is the test code using said terminal escape codes. I have only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
ZDIFF(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZDIFF(1)

NAME
zcmp, zdiff -- compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
zcmp [options] file [file2] zdiff [options] file [file2] DESCRIPTION
zcmp and zdiff are filters that invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) respectively to compare compressed files. Any options that are specified are passed to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only file1 is specified, it is compared against a file with the same name, but with the extension removed. When both file1 or file2 are specified, either file may be compressed. Extensions handled by gzip(1): o z, Z, o gz, o taz, o tgz. Extensions handled by bzip2(1): o bz, o bz2, o tbz, o tbz2. Extensions handled by xz(1): o lzma, o xz, o tlz, o txz. ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR Directory in which to place temporary files. If unset, /tmp is used. FILES
/tmp/zcmp.XXXXXXXXXX Temporary file for zcmp. /tmp/zdiff.XXXXXXXXXX Temporary file for zdiff. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), cmp(1), diff(1), gzip(1), xz(1) CAVEATS
zcmp and zdiff rely solely on the file extension to determine what is, or is not, a compressed file. Consequently, the following are not supported as arguments: - directories - device special files - filenames indicating the standard input (``-'') BSD
May 23, 2011 BSD