Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get some sort of graphics using shell scripts? Post 302201858 by xxmenxx on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 10:06:06 AM
Old 06-03-2008
If you get number of files to be installed, you can use the following as a starting point
Code:
count=0
while [ $count -le 10 ]; do
      count=`expr $count + 1`
      sleep 1
      echo -n =
done
echo " Done"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help With Shell scripts

Hello, I'm very very fresh with unix, and I would like to get familiar with it. I want to know what is Shell scripting and how other programming languages connects with it. And is there any way to learn the shell scripting, with some book and some simulator to practice on. Thanks ahead. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: holler1
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Shell Scripts

I have a text file . Format of text file. djss:xd:78:isdev:"test server" this type of row. (approx 30). I want to display like that 1. djjs@msxd testserver 2. xjfd@msxd devserver 3. 4 select any one from above choice : 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rastogideepak
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts

deleted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort shell?

hello my problem is that I have to do diferents sorts shells with diferents logical algorithms like shell sort, select sort, quick sort and bubble sort. starting from a basic shell that says something like: file = cat $1 sortLogic = $2 colSort = $3 source sortLogic file colSort > $4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgar287
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort shell

Hello, reéaliser I'd like a program that sorts the entries in a directory under different options: -R: Sorting the contents of the directory tree starting at pos. In this case we will sort with respect to the names of the entries but it will show the path; -D: sort in descending order by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yaya125
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell basic graphics demo.

I have been thinking about another shell scripting project using the Arduino Diecimila board. I was going to make a kids level slow 8 channel Logic Analyser. I thought about using the termiinal esc code graphics characters. This is the test code using said terminal escape codes. I have only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. Any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. A versioned Pre-Dependency on dpkg is needed to use dpkg-maintscript-helper(1). An appropriate Pre-Dependency is set in ${misc:Pre-Depends} ; you should make sure to put that token into an appropriate place in your debian/control file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)