Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: running servers parallel
Special Forums IP Networking running servers parallel Post 302201809 by era on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 07:45:06 AM
Old 06-03-2008
You can do it alright, the other hosts on the network are going to be using their own /etc/hosts or your DNS for figuring out which IP address the name resolves to. Possibly the host which thinks it's the other host could be mildly confused, but then who amongst us isn't (-:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

running a parallel program

hi , i need to run a parallel program . for example; program1 { array=" the second program should called here : program 2" the execution should continue } the 2nd program should recieve an array of information as argument and it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in parallel

Hi, Iam having the scripts as follows. i jus want to run those in parallel. main aim is to minimise the time for overall execution of the script. now out.txt is having 1 lac records. script1(split.sh) split -1000 out.txt splitout ls -A splitout* > filelist.txt cat filelist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in parallel

Hi, I am a shell script which takes input parameters and performs various functions. My concern is, if we call the same shell script with different parameter values from different sessions, will the results be inconsistent? Are there any precautions I need to take inorder to avoid conflicts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamjam10k
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running jobs in parallel

I need to process 50 sqlplus scripts which are listed in a text file. I need to develop a shell script that'll read this file and run these sqlplus scripts. At any point of time, the number of sqlplus scripts running shouldn't exceed 6. If any of the sqlplus scripts completes successfully then... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctex
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running uniq -c and sort -nr in parallel.

Hi All, I have a huge collection of files in a directory about 200000. I have the command below but it only uses one core of the computer. I want it to do task in parallel. This is the command that I want to run in parallel: sort testfile | uniq -c | sort -nr I know how to run sort... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running parallel process

i am having 4 process,have to run parallel and not after one by one. sample1.sh sample2.sh sample3.sh sample4.sh Thanks in advance. i (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple child running parallel

Hi , I am using sun Solaris machine. The machine description is given below SunOS ptxsa021 5.9 Generic_118558-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000 I am using korn shell.the scripts is below Parent code is given below..it is the part of code #!/bin/ksh # Script Name:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashutosh2378
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in Parallel

Hi Folks I have a doubt. I have a script which is running with 2 input parameters ./GetDSLnkCount.sh <jobnumber> Parmfile.txt I need to run the script in parallel for different jobnumbers. The commands are ./GetDSLnkCount.sh jnhuc14500 Parmfile.txt ./GetDSLnkCount.sh jnhuc14501... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies
YPPUSH(8)							 Reference Manual							 YPPUSH(8)

NAME
yppush - force propagation of changed NIS databases SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppush [ -d domain ] [ -t timeout ] [ --parallel # | --port port ] [ -h host ] [ -v ] mapname ... DESCRIPTION
yppush copies updated NIS databases (or maps) from the master NIS server to the slave servers within a NIS domain. It is normally run only on the NIS master by /var/yp/Makefile after the master databases are changed. /var/yp/Makefile does not invoke yppush by default, the NOPUSH=true line must be commented out. yppush first constructs a list of NIS slave servers by reading the NIS map ypservers within the domain. A destination host (or a list of hosts with multiple -h commands) can also be specified on the command line. A "transfer map" request is sent to the NIS serger at each slave, along with the information needed by the transfer agent ypxfr(8) to callback to yppush, which may be printed the result to stderr. Messages are also printed when a transfer is not possible; for instance when the request message is undeliverable. OPTIONS
-d domain Specify a particular domain. The NIS domain of the local host system is used by default. If the local host's domain name is not set, the domain name must be specified with this flag. -t timeout The timeout flag is used to specify a timeout value in seconds. This timeout controls how long yppush will wait for a response from a slave server before sending a map transfer request to the next slave server in the list. By default, yppush will wait 90 seconds. For big maps, this is not long enough. --parallel #, -p # yppush normally performs transfers serially, meaning that it will send a map transfer request to one slave server and then wait for it to respond before sending the next map transfer request to the next slave server. In environments with many slaves, it is more efficient to initiate several map transfers at once so that the transfers can take place in parallel. It is not possible to run in parallel and assign a fixed port with the --port flag --port port specify a port for yppush to listen on. By default, yppush will ask portmap(8) to assign it a random port number. It is not possible to assign a port with this option and run in parallel with the --parallel or -p flag -h host The host flag can be used to transfer a map to a user-specified machine or group of machines instead of the list of servers con- tained in the ypservers map. A list of hosts can be specified by using multiple instances of the -h flag. -v Verbose mode: causes yppush to print debugging messages as it runs. Note specifying this flag twice makes yppush even more verbose. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) BUGS
The mechanism for transferring NIS maps in NIS v1 is different that that in NIS version 2. This version of yppush has support for transfer- ring maps to NIS v2 systems only. AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> YP Server August 2002 YPPUSH(8)