Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting please help me regarding alias Post 302201736 by naree on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 04:14:09 AM
Old 06-03-2008
please help me regarding alias

Hi All,

I want to use a alias name called utils .. in script. When i try to run that script is throwing error. utils not found. Can anyone please suggest me how to use alias name called "utils" in a script.

Even i have tired using sh -l script1.sh is throwing Error

-l bad option

Please help me Regarding this

Thanks & Regards
Naree

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias

Hello, I'm a beginner to Unix and I want to create an alias that lists the given directory in long format; the alias should use a pager to display the result. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guelpth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using alias...

hi.. i want to make an alias in unix, for using it to change of directory by example: if i am in /dtmp/inp/aux and i want to go to /sybase/bd, i want to make an alias named "bd", to go directally to /sybase/bd (alias bd="cd /sybase/bd") i create it, but when i turn off the conection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

alias help

i want to use short cut alias command but its not happening can any on help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hi I have a problem when i try to set any thing as alias it works say alias sasa="cd /home/hghgg" but when i close the terminal it does not work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hello again, what does \!* do int his line alias lookup 'grep -i \!* who.is.who' Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris888
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using alias

I need to login to one server and then switch the user and set a number alias. But i cant modify the .profile file. I have one script avi1.sh $ more avi.sh sudo su - bil sh avi1.sh and in home directory of bil i have avi1.sh that says $ more avi1.sh alias l='ls -ltr' alias b='cd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias help

I can get the nth line of a file using sed -n 'np' file however all I want to type is "line n file" so I am trying to use alias alias line='sed -n \'&\'' but its not working, how can I make this work Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ALIAS

how to make alias perament? I have edited in .bashrc also but no use:(.How to manke it perament (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias help

I am creating subversion pre commit hook on linux to run on client side but its not working and throwing an error - alias svnbi="plutil *.plist|grep -v OK; if ; then svn ci -m $1 ; fi" but when I run - (test is $1 here) svnbi test bash: syntax error near unexpected token `test' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies
logger::utils(n)					 Object Oriented logging facility					  logger::utils(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
logger::utils - Utilities for logger SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require logger::utils ?1.3? ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd formatString ::logger::utils::createLogProc -procName procName ?options...? ::logger::utils::applyAppender -appender appenderType ?options...? ::logger::utils::autoApplyAppender command command-string log op args... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package adds template based appenders. ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd formatString This command translates formatString into an expandable command string. The following strings are the known substitutions (from log4perl) allowed to occur in the formatString: %c Category of the logging event %C Fully qualified name of logging event %d Current date in yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss %H Hostname %m Message to be logged %M Method where logging event was issued %p Priority of logging event %P Pid of current process ::logger::utils::createLogProc -procName procName ?options...? This command ... -procName procName The name of the procedure to create. -conversionPattern pattern See ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd for the substitutions allowed in the pattern. -category category The category (service). -priority priority The priority (level). -outputChannel channel channel to output on (default stdout) ::logger::utils::applyAppender -appender appenderType ?options...? This command will create an appender for the specified logger services. If no service is specified then the appender will be added as the default appender for the specified levels. If no levels are specified, then all levels are assumed. -service loggerservices -serviceCmd loggerserviceCmds Name of the logger instance to modify. -serviceCmd takes as input the return of logger::init. -appender appenderType Type of the appender to use. One of console, colorConsole. -conversionPattern pattern See ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd for the format of the pattern. If this option is not provided the default pattern [%d] [%c] [%M] [%p] %m is used. -levels levelList The list of levels to apply this appender to. If not specified all levels are assumed. Example of usage: % set log [logger::init testLog] ::logger::tree::testLog % logger::utils::applyAppender -appender console -serviceCmd $log % ${log}::error "this is an error" [2005/08/22 10:14:13] [testLog] [global] [error] this is an error ::logger::utils::autoApplyAppender command command-string log op args... This command is designed to be added via trace leave to calls of logger::init. It will look at preconfigured state (via ::log- ger::utils::applyAppender) to autocreate appenders for newly created logger instances. It will return its argument log. Example of usage: logger::utils::applyAppender -appender console set log [logger::init applyAppender-3] ${log}::error "this is an error" BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category logger of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
appender, logger CATEGORY
Programming tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Aamer Akhter <aakhter@cisco.com> log 1.3 logger::utils(n)