Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: errpt grep
Operating Systems AIX errpt grep Post 302201734 by cero on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 04:10:46 AM
Old 06-03-2008
Hi,

you may use the flags -s <startdate> -e <enddate> to create a report for a specific timewindow:
Code:
errpt -s 0602000008 -e 0602235908

reports only errors from yesterday (2nd June).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt on aix entry.

hi, i have an entry in errpt on aix... any help? --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: AMQFFST3 IDENTIFIER: 8FED25B9 Date/Time: Fri Nov 15 07:20:05 Sequence Number: 2715 Machine Id: 000694DF4C00 Node Id: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt

Hello World, When I issue the errpt command 1581762B 0826133303 T H hdisk1 DISK OPERATION ERROR C14C511C 0826133303 T H scsi0 ADAPTER ERROR I found these two unusual errors, wat exactly do these mean ? Im on an aix box. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
3 Replies

3. AIX

Exclude junks from errpt

I've got an issue where some application is reporting errors and keeps writing to errpt every 10 seconds, filling it up. While trying to find out what application it is, is there anyway to exclude these errors from reporting to errpt? BD194808 0306120707 N U FFST BD194808 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

errpt script

I am looking for a script out there that can email me when my AIX server throws and error that is picked up by errpt -a Thanks SeaCros (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format output of errpt

When i use the errpt command, i just want to see the timestamp and description only. How do i filter this out. errpt |awk '{print $2,$6}' The above commnad works but the description field becomes truncated. The result for the above command as below TIMESTAMP DESCRIPTION 0524143109... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ienaris
7 Replies

6. AIX

errpt message

Hello I have this message from errpt command IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION BFE4C025 0803155809 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0802155509 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0801155209 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

errpt in AIX

The below is my code in general according to AIX books To display a detailed report of all errors logged in the past 24 hours, enter: errpt -a -s mmddhhmmyy where the mmddhhmmyy string equals the current month, day, hour, minute, and year, minus 24 hours. I have tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
2 Replies

8. AIX

errpt not giving a result

my system get rebooted by its self after its came up i try to check the error log P690/>errpt | more Cannot open error message catalog /usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US/codepoint.cat. The error report will still run, but it will not have explanatory messages P690/>ls -lrt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

9. AIX

I am getting the following error when I do an errpt. What do I need to do to fix it.

Hi Team, I am getting the following error when I do an errpt. What do I need to do to fix it. LABEL: LVM_SA_STALEPP IDENTIFIER: EAA3D429 Date/Time: Sat 12 Jan 01:10:56 2013 Sequence Number: 880 Machine Id: 00C57B904C00 Node Id: spg-lplaw-01... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjithm
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX errpt

Hi, just a short question: Is a error label always equal to a error identifier? So it does not matter if i search for an specific identifier (errpt -j) or a specific label (errpt -J)? Regards Ron (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
5 Replies
Tcl_BackgroundError(3tcl)				      Tcl Library Procedures					 Tcl_BackgroundError(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_BackgroundError - report Tcl error that occurred in background processing SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_BackgroundError(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which the error occurred. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This procedure is typically invoked when a Tcl error occurs during "background processing" such as executing an event handler. When such an error occurs, the error condition is reported to Tcl or to a widget or some other C code, and there is not usually any obvious way for that code to report the error to the user. In these cases the code calls Tcl_BackgroundError with an interp argument identifying the interpreter in which the error occurred. At the time Tcl_BackgroundError is invoked, the interpreter's result is expected to contain an error message. Tcl_BackgroundError will invoke the command registered in that interpreter to handle background errors by the interp bger- ror command. The registered handler command is meant to report the error in an application-specific fashion. The handler command receives two arguments, the result of the interp, and the return options of the interp at the time the error occurred. If the application registers no handler command, the default handler command will attempt to call bgerror to report the error. If an error condition arises while invoking the handler command, then Tcl_BackgroundError reports the error itself by printing a message on the standard error file. Tcl_BackgroundError does not invoke the handler command immediately because this could potentially interfere with scripts that are in process at the time the error occurred. Instead, it invokes the handler command later as an idle callback. It is possible for many background errors to accumulate before the handler command is invoked. When this happens, each of the errors is processed in order. However, if the handle command returns a break exception, then all remaining error reports for the interpreter are skipped. KEYWORDS
background, bgerror, error, interp Tcl 7.5 Tcl_BackgroundError(3tcl)