Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replacing string in an XML file Post 302201730 by subin_bala on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 03:51:32 AM
Old 06-03-2008
replacing string in an XML file

Hi all,

I need to replace string in XML file..XML file like
<dependency>
<groupId>fr.orange.portail.ear</groupId>
<artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version>
<type>ear</type>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>fr.orange.portail.ear</groupId>
<artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version>
<type>ear</type>
</dependency>

I need to replace the value between <type> </type> tag at first occurance. i am using following sed command now but it is replacing the tag value globally

sed 's#<type>\([^<][^<]*\)</type>#<type>newvalue</type>#' application.xml > application.xml.new

Can anyone gelp me ....

Thanks and Regards,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a character string in a file

Hi there, I have a paramater file that looks like this :- IRL|07122005|27389|VTIEpay|email address|5|200 When my program finishes I want to replace the seventh field. the existing code is like this cat <<-EOF | ed -s $PARFILE 1,$ g/^$ICO/s/$prvdate/$TODAY/ 1,$... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing a string with another string in a txt file

Dear all, I have a file like below. I want to replace all the '.' in the 3rd column with 'NA'. I don't know how to do that. Anyone has an iead? Thanks a lot! 8 70003200 21.6206 9 70005700 17.5064 10 70002200 . 11 70005100 19.1001 17 70008000 16.1970 32 70012400 26.3465 33... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

4. Programming

Need help for replacing a string in a text file at runtime !

Hi All, I am facing an issue... I need to replace some string in a text file while the same file is read by some other user at the same time. The other user is using it in the Read only mode. So I can't create a temporary file and write the content first and then write it back into the original... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agupta2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string values from a File

I want to replace string values from a file to a file For eg : File1 has 30 lines of string with values, those specific values needs to be changed in file2 and remaining values in file2 should be as it is. For example: From file (File1) cluster.name=secondaryCluster To replace File... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML and replacing a string

Hi All, My thanks in advance for you guys reading this and for any posts. I'm having 100 XML files, I need script which replace a specific string. It must be incrementing in 100 xml files.. Sample XML files: <hwIPHostName type="attrib">DEMO1</hwIPHostName> I need Demo1 to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karty2129
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a file in between a XML file

I am having XML file,i need to replace a range of string and replace with a file,Pls anyone help, My Xml file looks like </Order><PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing tab value in xml file

Hi I am working on xml file. I have to make sure below lines containing values within quotes are replaced by some character like "-". Below are different lines in xml file. Pattern 1: <Connector port=.... ..... keystoremyPass="xxx" /> Pattern 2: myword="xxxxx" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux