Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing shell program from a web page Post 302201727 by Darknight on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 03:20:17 AM
Old 06-03-2008
I need it as well
It will be very nice if there is a small sample like this :
Webpage contains :
Textbox
Textarea
Button

I write command like : uname or bdf ...etc , then press the button , the script executes this command in shell and but the output in the TEXTERA.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script thru WEB page ....

....passing variable via list... here 's the HTML code extract : **************** <form method=post action=http://servername/cgi-bin/cgi-comptage_diff.ksh> <table border...........> .............. </table> <table bgcolor=#FFFFFF width="980"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advantage of executing program in user shell?

Hi, I'm curious about the advantage of forking and executing a program in a user shell as opposed to forking and executing the program directly without the user shell. For example: why is it often like: SSHD->fork&exec(shell, sftp-server)->fork&exec(sftp-server) And Not like: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeker333
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to disable the clearing of the first page when executing screen tool

Hi Guy, In order to monitor the user sessions, I have put the screen tool in the .profile in order to record the whole session. However, when the user logs in, the screen command is executed and the screen is first cleared, then the command prompt appears. so, I basically want to disable the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saad26
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect to a web-page by shell script

Dear all, I am calling a korn shell script(CGI script) by a web-page. This shell script do some checking in a unix file and return true or false. Now within the same script, If it returns true then I want to redirect to another web-page stored in htdocs directory. Example: Login page sends a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
3 Replies

5. AIX

nmon and web page !

nmon and web page ! Is there any way to let nmon be configured with external Web Page and updating the same web page to be graphic monitoring. Pls advice ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing the result of a program as a shell script

I have a program that returns a shell script and I want to execute the script. I'll use cat in my simple example, but wget is an example that is feasible. $ # First setup a script $ echo "ls > df" > simple $ # "cat simple" is now a program that returns a script $ cat simple ls df $ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopite
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch the user before executing a shell script from web page??

hi, i want to execute a shell script as a different user. the flow is like this. there is a html web page from which i have to call a shell script. web server is apache. to call the shell script from html page, a perl script is required. so the html page calls the perl script and the perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing the shell script through java program

Hi Team, Can you pls advise in java how can we call a shell script, actly I have a shell script at the following location /opt/dd/ajh.sh now I can execute this script by opening the session through putty by entering the servers details and password and then navigating to the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun777777
2 Replies
nice(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   nice(1)

NAME
nice - run a command at nondefault priority SYNOPSIS
command [command_args] command [command_args] DESCRIPTION
The command executes command at a nondefault CPU scheduling priority. (The name is derived from being "nice" to other system users by run- ning large programs at lower priority.) Arguments The command-line arguments are as follows: priority_change The difference between the system nice value (relative priority) of the current (or parent) process and the actual system nice value at which command is to run. An unsigned value increases the system nice value for command, causing it to run at lower priority. A negative value requires superuser privileges, and assigns a lower system nice value (higher priority) to command. If the current process is not privileged, the value is silently treated as if it were 0. If the value of priority_change would result in a system nice value outside the range 0 through 39, the correspond- ing limit value of 0 or 39 is used instead. Note that a positive priority_change (lower priority) has a single option character before the numeric value; a neg- ative (higher priority) priority_change has two: the option character followed by the minus sign If is not speci- fied, it defaults to command A program, HP-UX command, user shell script, etc. to be executed at the nondefault priority. command can be run as a foreground or background process. If command is run as a background process, any nice priority_change made by the shell executes all background pro- cesses via is in addition to that specified in the command line. command_args Any arguments recognized by command. Process Priorities All processes have an associated system nice value which is used to compute the instantaneous-priority of the process when it is scheduled to run. Normally, all processes inherit the system nice value of their parent process when they are spawned. The shell etc.) can create a child process with a different priority from the current shell process by spawning the child process via the command. If the prior- ity_change value is unsigned (positive), the child process is nicer (lower in priority) relative to the parent. If the priority_change value is negative, the child process runs at a higher priority with a greater share of available system resources. To spawn a higher pri- ority child process, the parent process must be owned by a user who has the appropriate privileges. At boot-up, the system starts the process at a system nice value of 20 (system default). On most systems, all processes (down to the login shells) inherit this priority. Starting from their individual login shell processes, users can alter the system nice value of descendent processes to as much as 39, or, with appropriate privileges, as little as 0. A system nice value of 0 establishes an extremely high prior- ity, whereas a value of 39 indicates a very low priority. Ordinary users can only increase the system nice value of any child process relative to the current process; i.e., priority_change must be a positive (unsigned) value, resulting in a lower priority. To start a child process at a lower system nice value (higher priority) than the current process, the user must have the appropriate privileges, regardless of the relative nice-priority value desired. For example, using the command from a login shell whose current nice value is 20 spawns a subshell with a system nice value of 30. Attempting to use from the new shell to spawn another subshell whose system nice value would be 28, is rejected (unless the user has appropriate privileges), even though the resulting system nice value would be less than the priority of the original login shell process. The system nice value for current processes is listed under the column produced by the command (see ps(1)). Background Processes Foreground processes are run at same system nice value as the parent shell. Background processes spawned by run at the equivalent of a by default. If a background process is started via from any priority_change specified in the command is added to default Thus the command runs at a system nice value of 36 if executed from EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
returns the value returned by command. EXAMPLES
The following examples assume the current process is running with a system nice value of 20 and is executed from the Korn shell (see ksh(1)). Run a program named in the current directory at the default priority_change of 10 (system nice value of 30): Run the same program in the background using a system nice value of 36 (priority_change=12 plus 4 for the Korn shell): As a user with appropriate privileges, run as a foreground process with a system nice value of 6: WARNINGS
The C shell, has a built-in command with different syntax. See csh(1) for details. SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), nohup(1), sh-posix(1), sh(1), renice(1M), nice(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
nice(1)