Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running RSH on the background Post 302201576 by mph on Monday 2nd of June 2008 01:18:55 PM
Old 06-02-2008
Once you're on the remote host
Code:
echo "/path/to/command/start_collecting_data" | at now

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 mins

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple rsh command in a script

hi scripting experts, juz wondering if it's possible to have multiple rsh command in a single script? :confused: ie: rsh -l <username> "<command>" rsh -l <username> "<command>" thanks. regards, wee :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running rsh commands !!!

Hi All I am trying to run an RSH command remotely to a machine, but I am gettinf the following errors, can anyone help me to resolve the errors user@server10:~> rsh user@server24 'uname -n' rcmd: getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution Thanks in advance to all Chirantan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running in background

i have a script called server.sh. how to run this script in backgroung using nohup command (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Can i bind to a local login terminal running using rsh or remotely

Hi Can i ask? I had multiple solaris workstation running and some local users using it. Is it possible to bind to the local user terminal or console he's using as if like the user well type and I can see it and what my typing in the local user see it also. Is it possible.. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running in background

Hello, I was trying to make some processes to run at background and went to a problem. First I tried just to loop in one line something like this: for i in {1..10}; do echo 'hello world' &; done; but it pops a syntax error, so I tried several ways to fix it but wasn't able to understand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rash
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSH connection problem while running MPI program

I'm trying to run MPI programs on 8 machines, but I get the error connect to address 127.0.0.1 port 544: Connection refused Trying krb4 rsh... connect to address 127.0.0.1 port 544: Connection refused trying normal rsh (/usr/bin/rsh) lagrid02: Connection refused When I run it with a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSH: Running out of ports

I have an issue where I am running out of ports when using RSH to start a script remotely. I have a script that i need to run that has been pushed out to every server. I have a list of servers (hostfilelist) Basically, I have a simple loop that will run them in paralell. for host in `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)