Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers access collision with shared file system Post 302201455 by cy163 on Monday 2nd of June 2008 09:26:41 AM
Old 06-02-2008
access collision with shared file system

Hello ALL,

In my system, there are 14 machines running the same version of Linux RHEL4. The 14 machines use a NFS file system, i.e., a shared file system.

My question is that if the programs in individual machines can access a common file simutaneously. Or, they have to access the file in a sequentially.

In my application,the common file is existing, and only read-only operation may occur on it.

Thanks,

Last edited by cy163; 06-02-2008 at 11:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot access NFS file system

I create a NFS file system. I can read this system from client, however, I cannot write anything in this folder. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to access shared object using shell

Hi, I have created a shared object (abc.so) which has a function sum(int a, int b). Is there any way to load the "abc.so" and use the sum function using shell script.. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What programs access shared library file

I was curious how to tell which programs are accessing a file (libobjc.A.dylib) in /usr/lib This file seems to be the culprit in a bunch of Safari crashes, and I just wanted to know if and what other programs use it. Also, I was curious what a good way to find out what files are being written... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

5. AIX

changing values for nfs shared file system on aix

Hi, I want to change the values for shared file system in aix for that I have run the command smitty chnfsexp but I am not getting the all the values which I have seen while adding the file system while exporting example smitty chnfsexp but after selecting shared file system using F4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

6. Linux

file system access problem

I have 3 windows partitions (c,d,e) all of NTFS file system i mounted them while installing open suse in /win/c,/win/d,/win/e created a user other than "root" eg: "us1" problem 1: by loggimg into linux by user "us1" iam unable to see files in mounted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to lock file system access

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to lock file system access

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared File System Project Feasibility

I would be taking my masters degree project next year. So I am now in the process of thinking something that could help me get more in depth knowledge and will be a useful one in practice. I have thought about creating shared file system for clustered environments (like GPFS,GFS). I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies
mountd(1M)																mountd(1M)

NAME
mountd - server for NFS mount requests and NFS access checks SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/mountd [-v] [-r] mountd is an RPC server that answers requests for NFS access information and file system mount requests. It reads the file /etc/dfs/sharetab to determine which file systems are available for mounting by which remote machines. See sharetab(4). nfsd running on the local server will contact mountd the first time an NFS client tries to access the file system to determine whether the client should get read-write, read-only, or no access. This access can be dependent on the security mode used in the remoted procedure call from the client. See share_nfs(1M). The command also provides information as to what file systems are mounted by which clients. This information can be printed using the show- mount(1M) command. The mountd daemon is automatically invoked by share(1M). Only super user can run the mountd daemon. The options shown below are supported for NVSv2/v3 clients. They are not supported for Solaris NFSv4 clients. -r Reject mount requests from clients. Clients that have file systems mounted will not be affected. -v Run the command in verbose mode. Each time mountd determines what access a client should get, it will log the result to the con- sole, as well as how it got that result. /etc/dfs/sharetab shared file system table See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ nfsd(1M), share(1M), share_nfs(1M), showmount(1M), nfs(4), sharetab(4), attributes(5) Since mountd must be running for nfsd to function properly, mountd is automatically started by the svc:/network/nfs/server service. See nfs(4). Some routines that compare hostnames use case-sensitive string comparisons; some do not. If an incoming request fails, verify that the case of the hostname in the file to be parsed matches the case of the hostname called for, and attempt the request again. 27 Apr 2005 mountd(1M)