Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX CDE server is starting, but I don't gar a graphival logon Post 302201248 by netwalker on Sunday 1st of June 2008 10:28:48 AM
Old 06-01-2008
Any ideas?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gar stupid quad booting

well running win xp home win xp pro and linux suse 10 about to install freebsd 5.1 just wondering what problems :mad: im gonna have and any handy tips :rolleyes: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lord_of_pie
0 Replies

3. Solaris

x server starting problem

i have installed solaris 10 on PIII i Ghz cpu, whole installation carried out in GUI mode but after installation it is unable to start GUI mode. Error is : "X server can not be started on display 0" screed flickers twice and the CLI login prompt appears (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem Starting CDE

hi, I have installed Solaris 10 from dvd. I have a 1.8GHz processor and 512mb RAM. When I start it, a message is displayed that Xserver cannot be initialised. Please tell me how to start computer in GUI mode, because it logs me into console mode. Regards Rochit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Hp-UX 11.23 - CDE not starting

Hi. I installed HP UX few weeks ago. It had some problems with DNS resolving, but I have solved it. Before the last shutdown all was fine. Now CDE is not starting anymore (no desktop logon - only console logon). Also mail deamon starts for about 5 minutes, so I removed it from rc2.d. CDE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
4 Replies

6. Web Development

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Hello, I've set all permissions for all on my Server folders: chmod a+rwx ServerFolder When I browse to localhost:8000 I receive the following error: You don't have permission to access / on this server. why ? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
9 Replies

7. Solaris

nfs/server not starting

Hi Gurus Sorry to ask this question again but left with no option I have entry in /etc/dfs/dfstab for resources which i am welling to shaer over the netwrok. Idelay once i execute shaerall it should enabel the nfs/server servcie in Solaris 10, however it was not stared and later i tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting an Apache Server

Sir, I have installed an Apache server in Fedora 9 (packages) and when i go to etc folder and try the command httpd -k start it says command not found....can any one help me out!!! ---------- Post updated at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- When i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bssandeshbs
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Starting nfs/server

Hi, I do not get nfs/server started. bash-3.00# svcadm enable nfs/server bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep nfs disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/client:default disabled 21:44:51 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default disabled ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
4 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies
CAPISTRANO(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                CAPISTRANO(1)

NAME
cap -- cap is an utlity to invoke capistrano tasks. SYNOPSIS
cap <command> [options] DESCRIPTION
Capistrano is a utility and framework for executing commands in parallel on multiple remote machines, via SSH. It uses a simple DSL (bor- rowed in part from Rake, http://rake.rubyforge.org/) that allows you to define _tasks_, which may be applied to machines in certain roles. It also supports tunneling connections via some gateway machine to allow operations to be performed behind VPN's and firewalls. Capistrano was originally designed to simplify and automate deployment of web applications to distributed environments, and originally came bundled with a set of tasks designed for deploying Rails applications. The deployment tasks are now (as of Capistrano 2.0) opt-in and require clients to explicitly put "load 'deploy'" in their recipes. Capistrano is a self-documenting program by giving you an extensive help listing for each command. If you think that this manual page is outdated, simply running cap -h ASSUMPTIONS
Capistrano is "opinionated software", which means it has very firm ideas about how things ought to be done, and tries to force those ideas on you. Some of the assumptions behind these opinions are: * You are using SSH to access the remote servers. * You either have the same password to all target machines, or you have public keys in place to allow passwordless access to them. Do not expect these assumptions to change. OPTIONS
Capistrano is extensible configurable, and it has the following configuration options: -e --explain TAKS Displays help (if available) for the task. -F --default-config Always use default config, even with -f. -f --file FILE A recipe file to load. May be given more than once. -H --long-help Explain these options. -h --help Display this help message. -p --password Immediately prompt for the password. -q --quiet Make the output as quiet as possible. -S --set-before NAME=VALUE Set a variable before the recipes are loaded. -s --set NAME=VALUE Set a variable after the recipes are loaded. -T --taks List all tasks in the loaded recipe files. -V --version Display the Capistrano version, and exit. -v --verbose Be more verbose. May be given more than once. -X --skip-system-config Don't load the system config file (capistrano.conf) -x --skip-user-config Don't load the user config file (.caprc) SEE ALSO
capify (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Leandro Nunes dos Santos leandronunes@colivre.coop.br for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CAPISTRANO(1)