Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ls display linux style, revisited!!! Post 302201206 by static on Sunday 1st of June 2008 04:29:22 AM
Old 06-01-2008
Im using fileutils package for displaying colors with ls command.
But you must replase original ls command with gls using aliases:

alias ls='gls -F --color=auto'
alias l.='gls -d .* --color=auto'
alias ll='gls -l --color=auto'

Also you have to add new $PATH location be cause the binary directory is usually here "/opt/csw/bin" if use pkg-get of course Smilie
That's all Smilie

Last edited by static; 06-01-2008 at 05:35 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Search and Replace - Revisited

I have a ascii file with lines like this: 240|^M\ ^M\^M\ Old Port Marketing order recd $62,664.- to ship 6/22/99^M\ when this record gets loaded into my database, the \ is stored literally and so the user sees carriage return \ (hex 0D 5C) when what i need is carriage return line feed (hex 0D... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brandt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore, revisited

I just installed solaris 9 on a sunblade 150(sparc), and have it partitioned. I've been using ufsrestore to restore bring the config from my old system, to the sunblade. I'm not having any luck. The root directory restore seems to work. When I try to restore /usr, I get an "/usr/sbin/fsck not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
4 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore revisited,,

in ufsrestore how do i know which volume my selected folder or file exist?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx on ksh revisited

I have read through all documents in FAQ and have run into an issue with sending an email with body message text and an email attachment. I have included what I have thus far and I can get the message body to send in the email to work only. I cannot understand the uuencode even after I read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
5 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

BAM to SOA - Da? Buzzhype Revisited

Many readers have read the hype, experienced the Orwellian marketspeak, watched the positioning debates, and seen poorly managed software companies play the game of analyst-chasing (similar to ambulance chasing when you think about it). Finally, the up-to-date definitions, and hopefully a bit of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies
aliasadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      aliasadm(1M)

NAME
aliasadm - manipulate the NIS+ aliases map SYNOPSIS
aliasadm -a alias expansion [options comments] optional flags aliasadm -c alias expansion [ options comments] [ optional flags] aliasadm -d alias [ optional flags] aliasadm -e alias [ optional flags] aliasadm -l alias [ optional flags] aliasadm -m alias [ optional flags] aliasadm [-I] [-D domainname] [-f filename] [-M mapname] DESCRIPTION
aliasadm makes changes to the alias map. The alias map is an NIS+ table object with four columns: alias The name of the alias as a null terminated string. expansion The value of the alias as it would appear in a sendmail /etc/aliases file. options A list of options applicable to this alias. The only option currently supported is CANON. With this option, if the user has requested an inverse alias lookup, and there is more than one alias with this expansion, this alias is given prefer- ence. comments An arbitrary string containing comments about this alias. The sendmail(1M) command reads this map in addition to the NIS aliases map and the local /etc/aliases database. OPTIONS
-a Add an alias. -c Change an alias. -d Delete an alias. -e Edit the alias map. -I Initialize the NIS+ aliases database. -l List the alias map. -m Print or match an alias. -D domainname Edit the map in domain domainname instead of the current domain. -f filename When editing or listing the database, use filename instead of invoking the editor. -M mapname Edit mapname instead of mail_aliases. FILES
/etc/aliases mail aliases for the local host in ASCII format ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 aliasadm(1M)