Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Querying database from unix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Querying database from unix Post 302200826 by ragavhere on Friday 30th of May 2008 06:48:45 AM
Old 05-30-2008
Querying database from unix

Hi,

I have a shell script to query the database to get the statistics of tables like sum,max,min,etc of all numeric columns,max and min of date columns and length of varchar columns for each and every table. There are nearly 1600 tables. My script queries few tables like about 100 tables and then hangs up. There is no progress. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be and a solution for it?

Ragav.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting and Querying DB2 database from Unix Script?

I am trying to develop a script that can connect to a DB2 database mainframe and Query the database and display the results. I've been researching, but I have yet to find a definitive solution where I can enter in the Mainframe DB2 address db2:// and query the database and return the results. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to DB2 database on Mainframe and Querying DB

I am trying to develop a script that can connect to a DB2 database mainframe and Query the database and display the results. I've been researching, but I have yet to find a definitive solution where I can enter in the Mainframe DB2 address db2:// and query the database and return the results. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Querying HP VA array

Hello, all... I've got an older HP-UX 11i machine hooked up to an HP VA array. I've never worked with VA arrays, so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some documentation on querying and manipulating VAs (HP VAs for Dummies or something). I'm used to EMC arrays, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
2 Replies

4. AIX

Servers still querying old DNS server?

Hello, I've created new DNS servers and changed all of the clients /etc/resolv.conf to point to them, but when I check the old DNS logs, I see that the clients are still querying it. Does anybody know why? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

5. Solaris

commands hanging when querying hardware

Hi all Got another strange one. If I try to enquire about the hardware, the command hangs implying Ive got a hardware issue. So, if I execute :- iostat -en sysdef - ( stops at the devices part ) format cfgadm -al Anything that searches the devices, then the command hangs. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error in querying file information

Hi, We have one application running where there is Linux Machine. For some some process I found the following message came, error 5.8/116455-02/116455-02.zip Error in querying file information: Permission denied :confused: If anybody has any idea for this please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sptr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generic script for Querying a DB

I have a few databases that i need to get some basic output from... so I'll be returning 1 or 2 records from a variety of different databases and the input queries will always differ. What im looking for is a generic script that I can use across of the databases. Theory being i have: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Querying v$session table

Hi All, I'm using below code entry_data_control=`sqlplus ${sysuser}/${syspwd} << data_control whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; whenever oserror exit failure; INSERT INTO LSHADMIN.STUDY_LEVEL_TABLE(SESSION_SID,SESSION_SERIAL_NO,FILE_NAME) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
3 Replies
sgesdd.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sgesdd.f(3)

NAME
sgesdd.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sgesdd (JOBZ, M, N, A, LDA, S, U, LDU, VT, LDVT, WORK, LWORK, IWORK, INFO) SGESDD Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sgesdd (characterJOBZ, integerM, integerN, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( * )S, real, dimension( ldu, * )U, integerLDU, real, dimension( ldvt, * )VT, integerLDVT, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerLWORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, integerINFO) SGESDD Purpose: SGESDD computes the singular value decomposition (SVD) of a real M-by-N matrix A, optionally computing the left and right singular vectors. If singular vectors are desired, it uses a divide-and-conquer algorithm. The SVD is written A = U * SIGMA * transpose(V) where SIGMA is an M-by-N matrix which is zero except for its min(m,n) diagonal elements, U is an M-by-M orthogonal matrix, and V is an N-by-N orthogonal matrix. The diagonal elements of SIGMA are the singular values of A; they are real and non-negative, and are returned in descending order. The first min(m,n) columns of U and V are the left and right singular vectors of A. Note that the routine returns VT = V**T, not V. The divide and conquer algorithm makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray X-MP, Cray Y-MP, Cray C-90, or Cray-2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. Parameters: JOBZ JOBZ is CHARACTER*1 Specifies options for computing all or part of the matrix U: = 'A': all M columns of U and all N rows of V**T are returned in the arrays U and VT; = 'S': the first min(M,N) columns of U and the first min(M,N) rows of V**T are returned in the arrays U and VT; = 'O': If M >= N, the first N columns of U are overwritten on the array A and all rows of V**T are returned in the array VT; otherwise, all columns of U are returned in the array U and the first M rows of V**T are overwritten in the array A; = 'N': no columns of U or rows of V**T are computed. M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the input matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the input matrix A. N >= 0. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, if JOBZ = 'O', A is overwritten with the first N columns of U (the left singular vectors, stored columnwise) if M >= N; A is overwritten with the first M rows of V**T (the right singular vectors, stored rowwise) otherwise. if JOBZ .ne. 'O', the contents of A are destroyed. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). S S is REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)) The singular values of A, sorted so that S(i) >= S(i+1). U U is REAL array, dimension (LDU,UCOL) UCOL = M if JOBZ = 'A' or JOBZ = 'O' and M < N; UCOL = min(M,N) if JOBZ = 'S'. If JOBZ = 'A' or JOBZ = 'O' and M < N, U contains the M-by-M orthogonal matrix U; if JOBZ = 'S', U contains the first min(M,N) columns of U (the left singular vectors, stored columnwise); if JOBZ = 'O' and M >= N, or JOBZ = 'N', U is not referenced. LDU LDU is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array U. LDU >= 1; if JOBZ = 'S' or 'A' or JOBZ = 'O' and M < N, LDU >= M. VT VT is REAL array, dimension (LDVT,N) If JOBZ = 'A' or JOBZ = 'O' and M >= N, VT contains the N-by-N orthogonal matrix V**T; if JOBZ = 'S', VT contains the first min(M,N) rows of V**T (the right singular vectors, stored rowwise); if JOBZ = 'O' and M < N, or JOBZ = 'N', VT is not referenced. LDVT LDVT is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array VT. LDVT >= 1; if JOBZ = 'A' or JOBZ = 'O' and M >= N, LDVT >= N; if JOBZ = 'S', LDVT >= min(M,N). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (MAX(1,LWORK)) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK; LWORK LWORK is INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= 1. If JOBZ = 'N', LWORK >= 3*min(M,N) + max(max(M,N),6*min(M,N)). If JOBZ = 'O', LWORK >= 3*min(M,N) + max(max(M,N),5*min(M,N)*min(M,N)+4*min(M,N)). If JOBZ = 'S' or 'A' LWORK >= 3*min(M,N) + max(max(M,N),4*min(M,N)*min(M,N)+4*min(M,N)). For good performance, LWORK should generally be larger. If LWORK = -1 but other input arguments are legal, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension (8*min(M,N)) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: SBDSDC did not converge, updating process failed. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Contributors: Ming Gu and Huan Ren, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Definition at line 217 of file sgesdd.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sgesdd.f(3)