Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script Required? Pls. help me Post 302200102 by ntgobinath on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 11:55:12 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Error again

#Interface.sh < aust00m1
Memory fault(coredump)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value from shell script to .pls file

I have a shell script which takes at the command prompt options like ss1.sh -F SCOTT -T JOHN F- From User T- To User I want to pass the From User(SCOTT) Value to another script ss2.pls (This script runs a PL/SQL Program). Depending on the FromUser value in the ss1.sh script i have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script couldn't be executed. Pls help!

I have wrriten a script to call sql script to do some work in database. However, the script couldn't be executed. The only information was: ksh: ./updt_attrib.ksh cannot execute. Please help me to identify where the problem is. I post script here for your reference. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/ksh ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Requirements pls

Moderators note: This user has been banned for persistent rule breaking despite being warned that this would be the result. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt1ect
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script changes required...Pls. help me!!

Hi All, I'm giving input of four variable. I'm using this script for network field, so I'm defining the example on the same way. Example Input: $1 =ind00m1 $2=Gi1/1 $3=10.0.0.1 $4=Connectivity from 1 to 2 Applies to following line: object=$2 msg_grp=SNMP node=$1 msg_text="IF Down $2 $3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, pls help

# for i in `cat oo`;do ls -ld $i;done ls: /var/tmp/i: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/ii: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/iii: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/iiii: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpttak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Shell Script - Can anyone help Pls

Please find my shell script below ------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/ksh ORAUSER=$1 P_REQUEST_ID=$4 current_time=`date +%m%d%y.%H%M%S` echo "Process started at `date +%m/%d/%y.%H:%M:%S`" #Intialize Variables export SHLIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib ext=".pdf" ps_ext=".ps"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with first shell script pls.

Hi, I'm trying to extract information from one file to update another one and am a bit stuck. the first file is made up of tags e.g. <item>a@b.com</item> jksdhfjkdsh sldkjfds l klsjdf <item> c@d.com </item> what i'd like to do is extract the email addresses between these tags,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script with following awk command pls help

Hi I want to create a shell script with the following awk command & also get the filenames in output. awk '/<catetcsecuretty0>/ {p=1} /<catvarlogmessages0>/ {p=0} p' *.xml As there will be multiple outputs related to many xml files I cannot identify which output belongs to which file ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharp488
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)				      systemd-sysctl.service					 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-sysctl.service, systemd-sysctl - Configure kernel parameters at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl [OPTIONS...] [CONFIGFILE...] systemd-sysctl.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-sysctl.service is an early boot service that configures sysctl(8) kernel parameters by invoking /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl. When invoked with no arguments, /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl applies all directives from configuration files listed in sysctl.d(5). If one or more filenames are passed on the command line, only the directives in these files are applied. In addition, --prefix= option may be used to limit which sysctl settings are applied. See sysctl.d(5) for information about the configuration of sysctl settings. After sysctl configuration is changed on disk, it must be written to the files in /proc/sys before it takes effect. It is possible to update specific settings, or simply to reload all configuration, see Examples below. OPTIONS
--prefix= Only apply rules with the specified prefix. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXAMPLES
Example 1. Reset all sysctl settings systemctl restart systemd-sysctl Example 2. View coredump handler configuration # sysctl kernel.core_pattern kernel.core_pattern = |/libexec/abrt-hook-ccpp %s %c %p %u %g %t %P %I Example 3. Update coredump handler configuration # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl --prefix kernel.core_pattern This searches all the directories listed in sysctl.d(5) for configuration files and writes /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern. Example 4. Update coredump handler configuration according to a specific file # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl 50-coredump.conf This applies all the settings found in 50-coredump.conf. Either /etc/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /run/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf will be used, in the order of preference. See sysctl(8) for various ways to directly apply sysctl settings. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sysctl.d(5), sysctl(8), systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)