Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to debug to a file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to debug to a file? Post 302200059 by Ant1815 on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 09:42:11 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Thanks.

I've just discovered something else that will do exactly what I want.

script -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX?

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlbertGao
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to redirect debug statement to file?

Hi, I need to redirect the debug statements to out.txt {(set -x) >> out.txt} ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to debug C source file using GVD debugger

Anyone pls. help !!! I want to debug C source file using GVD debugger. However, I am unable to find the way to debug source files. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: argupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easiest way to send output to a debug file?

I have this in my script: DEBUG_DIR=/log/rotate_output DEBUGLOG=${DEBUG_DIR}/rotate.${TIMESTAMP} SERVER_FILE_LIST="\ wasint0206 /logs/squid_backup wasint0201 /logs/squid_backup" /usr/bin/echo "${SERVER_FILE_LIST}" | while read SERVER DIRECTORY do cd /log/squid_logs/${SERVER}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

5. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

6. Programming

Compile a proc/c++ file in debug mode.

Hi, I'm using the following commands to execute a proc file, but I'm unable to debug the program. What modifications do I need to make in the command options to debug the program created. I have a proc1.pc file, using the following three steps to generate the proc1 exe. After the proc1 exe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to debug .so file??

Hi All, I have a question on debugging the .so file. When I am running makefile I am getting a .so file and we are using that .so file for executing our code.But I want to know 1.Can I use dbx or gdb to debug a .so file? 2.How can i generate .out file so that i can use that in dbx or gdb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.sen1213
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to insert Delimiters at fixed locations in a file, Can you please Debug it for me??

Can someone please help?I have a file - fixed.txt----------------------------AABBBBCCCCCCDDDEEFFFFGGGGGGHHHIIJJJJKKKKKKLLL----------------------------To insert delimiters at fixed lengths of 2, 4, 6, 3, I created a file text1.txt as-------------------2463----------------------and trying to execute... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Outputting clive --debug to file?

I am running clive on Linux version 2.6.24.5-85.fc8 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33) with the debug command as follows clive --debug -O <logfile> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.... I need to get the contents of the debug written to file to extract data later. Using the -O option actually writes the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies
HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions	     HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes, HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes, HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN - retrieve Fibre Channel port attributes for a specific device SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_STATUS HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_UINT32 portindex, HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES *portattributes); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_UINT32 portindex, HBA_UINT32 discoveredportindex, HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES *portattributes); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN PortWWN, HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES *portattributes); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) portindex the index of a specific port on the HBA as returned by a call to HBA_GetAdapterAttributes(3HBAAPI). The maximum value specified should be (HBA_ADAPTERATTRIBUTES.NumberOfPorts - 1). portattributes a pointer to an HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES structure. Upon successful completion, this structure contains the specified port attributes. discoveredportindex the index of a specific discovered port on the HBA as returned by HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI). The maximum value specified should be (HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES.NumberOfDiscoveredPorts - 1). PortWWN the port WWN of the device for which port attributes are retrieved. DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes() function retrieves Port Attributes for a specific port on the HBA. The HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes() function retrieves Port Attributes for a specific discovered device connected to the HBA. The HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN() function retrieves Port Attributes for a specific device based on the PortWWN argument. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_STATUS_OK is returned. Otherwise, an error value is returned from the underlying VSL and the values in hbaattributes are undefined. ERRORS
See libhbaapi(3LIB) for general error status values. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Retrieve the port attributes for each port on the HBA. The following example retrieves the port attributes for each port on the HBA. for (hbaPort = 0; hbaPort < hbaAttrs.NumberOfPorts; hbaPort++) { if ((status = HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(handle, hbaPort, &hbaPortAttrs)) != HBA_STATUS_OK) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to get adapter port %d " "attributes for HBA %d with name "%s". ", hbaPort, hbaCount, adaptername); HBA_CloseAdapter(handle); continue; } memcpy(&wwn, hbaPortAttrs.PortWWN.wwn, sizeof (wwn)); printf(" Port %d: WWN=%016llx ", hbaPort, wwn); /* ... */ } Example 2 Retrieve the discovered port target attributes for each discovered target port on the HBA. The following example retrieves the discovered port target attributes for each discovered target port on the HBA. for (discPort = 0; discPort < hbaPortAttrs.NumberofDiscoveredPorts; discPort++) { if ((status = HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes( handle, hbaPort, discPort, &discPortAttrs)) != HBA_STATUS_OK) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to get " "discovered port %d attributes for " "HBA %d with name "%s". ", discPort, hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } memcpy(&wwn, discPortAttrs.PortWWN.wwn, sizeof (wwn)); printf(" Discovered Port %d: WWN=%016llx ", discPort, wwn); /* ... */ } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI)