Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to debug to a file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to debug to a file? Post 302199956 by johnf on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 07:09:40 AM
Old 05-28-2008
The set -x flag will output the debug to the stdout (screen). The easiest way is to include a load of debug statements in the script and direct them into a log file!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX?

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlbertGao
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to redirect debug statement to file?

Hi, I need to redirect the debug statements to out.txt {(set -x) >> out.txt} ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to debug C source file using GVD debugger

Anyone pls. help !!! I want to debug C source file using GVD debugger. However, I am unable to find the way to debug source files. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: argupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easiest way to send output to a debug file?

I have this in my script: DEBUG_DIR=/log/rotate_output DEBUGLOG=${DEBUG_DIR}/rotate.${TIMESTAMP} SERVER_FILE_LIST="\ wasint0206 /logs/squid_backup wasint0201 /logs/squid_backup" /usr/bin/echo "${SERVER_FILE_LIST}" | while read SERVER DIRECTORY do cd /log/squid_logs/${SERVER}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

5. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

6. Programming

Compile a proc/c++ file in debug mode.

Hi, I'm using the following commands to execute a proc file, but I'm unable to debug the program. What modifications do I need to make in the command options to debug the program created. I have a proc1.pc file, using the following three steps to generate the proc1 exe. After the proc1 exe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to debug .so file??

Hi All, I have a question on debugging the .so file. When I am running makefile I am getting a .so file and we are using that .so file for executing our code.But I want to know 1.Can I use dbx or gdb to debug a .so file? 2.How can i generate .out file so that i can use that in dbx or gdb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.sen1213
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to insert Delimiters at fixed locations in a file, Can you please Debug it for me??

Can someone please help?I have a file - fixed.txt----------------------------AABBBBCCCCCCDDDEEFFFFGGGGGGHHHIIJJJJKKKKKKLLL----------------------------To insert delimiters at fixed lengths of 2, 4, 6, 3, I created a file text1.txt as-------------------2463----------------------and trying to execute... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Outputting clive --debug to file?

I am running clive on Linux version 2.6.24.5-85.fc8 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33) with the debug command as follows clive --debug -O <logfile> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.... I need to get the contents of the debug written to file to extract data later. Using the -O option actually writes the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-debug-generator					SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-debug-generator - Generator for enabling a runtime debug shell and masking specific units at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-debug-generator is a generator that reads the kernel command line and understands three options: If the systemd.mask= option is specified and followed by a unit name, this unit is masked for the runtime, similar to the effect of systemctl(1)'s mask command. This is useful to boot with certain units removed from the initial boot transaction for debugging system startup. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.wants= option is specified and followed by a unit name, a start job for this unit is added to the initial transaction. This is useful to start one or more additional units at boot. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.debug_shell option is specified, the debug shell service "debug-shell.service" is pulled into the boot transaction. It will spawn a debug shell on tty9 during early system startup. Note that the shell may also be turned on persistently by enabling it with systemctl(1)'s enable command. systemd-debug-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)