Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Seems Complicated but would b happy if its possible Post 302199853 by anushree.a on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 03:36:07 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Hey Thak you very much for the reply but can u explain it to me.. plz... take an example of my out put file.. suppose its name is "123456.txt" n o/p is going to get generated on path /temp/anushree/output/123456.txt n i want to send the email as it gets generated.
Plz help... Is it possible?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very complicated script..

I have a script that I need to create tha involves moving files and renaming them(see previous post) Are there any websites with user made shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

More complicated log parsing

Hey Guys, I am trying to grep within a file to find and output certain parts of lines to other file(s). The output files need to have a dynamic file name based on a field in the main log. The problem is that every line of the log is not the same, and often not even similar. To explain... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjug
25 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complicated(?) grep

Hi all, I need help to figure out this grep. I would like to search all files in a directory for the occurrence of abc AND xyz. I started with this: grep -i abc * | grep xyz But this only returns lines which contain both values on the same line. So I am thinking that I need to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khearnen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort complicated two fields

Hi experts, I am trying sort command with my data but still not getting the expected results. For example, I have 5 fields data here c,18:12:45,c,c,c d,12:34:34,d,d,d a,13:50:10,a,a,a b,13:50:50,b,b,b a,13:50:50,a,a,a b,14:10:01,b,b,b c,10:12:45,c,c,c I want to get ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated search within file

Hi, I have following problem. I have a file with time stamps and some data describing what happened between time stamps. Something like this: 10:00 meeting with K meeting with L 11:00 lunch 12:00 work with K 13:00 From this file I have to get a file with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmike
7 Replies

6. Linux

Complicated Join command!

Hi I have a serious issue when trying to join to files so I have two files, one for meals and one for people Meal1:Turkey:Potato Chips:Twinkie:Coke:5.95 Meal2:Ham & Cheese:Doritos:Cookie:Sprite:6.49 Meal3:Vegetarian:Cheese Crackers:Brownie:Pepsi:5.75 Meal4:Tuna:Cheese Puffs:Eclair:Diet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ehshi1992
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complicated job distribution

Hello, This is going to sound convoluted, however, this is how I need to do things. I have three awesome machines and a couple hundred jobs. EACH of these jobs takes approximately 4 hours to complete. I want to give jobs to each of these machines, and their respective CPUs in an intelligent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated alias command

hi guys i m making one alias which will set variable , invoke sqlplus and also set prompt of sqlplus,,i have made successfully upto invoking sqlplus in unix but cant pass command in sqlplus here is the command alias sett='export ORACLE_SID=devdb2;sqlplus system/system@test' now this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris? Is it really this complicated?

Hello Everybody, I am a mid-level Linux administrator trying to get a hold of Solaris. So far, my experience has been painful. I think it's confusing and it's just a big mess... To be more specific, I have noticed that whenever I install a package... it never followed a specific pattern.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EssenceNY
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complicated string

I have a data file example 10302|77747373|442422442|290209|244242|"234|2352"|92482892 It has about 5000 rows the same way in that field. Needs to look like this.... I need to remove the quotes but the more difficult thing is to remove the pipe between the quotes because there is a pipe... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
6 Replies
PESCETTI(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PESCETTI(1)

NAME
pescetti -- Pseudo-Duplimate Generator SYNOPSIS
pescetti DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pescetti command. OPTIONS
Here are a list of the available options and what they do. You must specify exactly one from --demo, --generate or --load. --help Prints the help text --demo Demonstration mode. Generates one hand with permutations and the tutorial for how to use them. --generate=N Generate N random boards --load=boards.txt Load boards+analysis from boards.txt --load-dds=boards.dds Load boards from boards.dds in dds format --load-analysis=tricks.txt Load analysis from tricks.txt --permutations=permutations.txt Generate the permutations and save them to the given file --curtains=curtains.txt Save curtain cards to file curtains.txt --save=boards.txt Save the boards+analysis to boards.txt --save-dds=boards.dds Save the boards to boards.dds in dds format --save-analysis=tricks.txt Save the analysis to tricks.txt --format=html|txt|pdf Set the output mode to the given format --title=title Set the title for the output --output=hands.txt Print the hands to hands.txt, rather than to standard output --stats Generate statistics about the set of boards; included in the hands output --analyze Run the dds analyzer on the boards and print the resulting numberof tricks (warning SLOW) --criteria= A list of criteria to apply to each generated hand to generate specific hand types. The list should be space separated and each item may be suffixed with a colon and a (fractional) probability value which can be used to weight the criteria. E.g. --criteria="weaknt:0.8 strongnt:0.5" Valid criteria are: unbalanced weaknt strongnt twont strongtwo weaktwo three twoclubs 4441 singlesuit twosuits partscore game slam game-invite slam-invite jumpshift jumpfit splinter bacon weird --probability=factor Generate hands matching the criteria with only the given probability. Factor is in the range 0 to 1. On each attempt to generate a board it is rejected if it doesn't match the criteria with the given probability. A factor of about 0.8 gives roughly half matching boards AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. PESCETTI(1)