Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: E2900 controller naming
Operating Systems Solaris E2900 controller naming Post 302199782 by arjunreddy3 on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 12:55:17 AM
Old 05-28-2008
hi,

i dont know y u look for trouble?any how u want os start with 2controllers.

just u got to obp stop+A

ok auto-boot?=true
ok boot disk1,disk2 -----> this cmd is booting form both disks
reboot the system.
when u enterd in to os just u excute devfsadm cmd.

just u try it.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Controller Naming

Hello all, How does the Solaris identifies the controller subscript ? ( like c0txdxs0 or c1txdxsx ?? ) I have a unix box ( Ultra 30) running with 2.5.1. When I connected an external hard disk to the on-board scsi port, it got identified as c0t1dxsx... (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Fire V1280 / E2900 / Netra 1280

Hello, I'm trying to fix this server System Board (CPU/Memory Unit). The error indicates that its missing 3.3VDC. So far all the fuses and caps have been checked. I new at this type of machine, need help for idea on this system. Thank you in advance. Vu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhtran
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Config reader module in Sun MC Agent not work in E2900

Hi men, Have you ever meet this error ? I install full Sun MC 4.0 packages (+ Add ons) exception of Sun Midrange Platform Administration because i don't know how to configure it Then all other servers are ok, only E2900 servers have Config reader module error: Data Acquisition error I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire E2900 crashed. Help analyze explorer

Dear Friends, Sun Fire E2900 crashed. I collected explorer output. core dump files been generated. There some interesting output files related to crash dumps, that I need some help from you guys to understand. The file in the explorer output is under /sysconfig/crash it's called:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun Fire
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

naming columns

i have a file staff.txt with contents tom|25|New York sims|40|London neyo|18|Moscow i want to label the column at the top, my output should be Names|age|city of birth tom|25|New York sims|40|London neyo|18|Moscow (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga80
4 Replies

6. Solaris

e2900 hardware issue?

Hi, I am fairly new to Solaris , i have an e2900 server which gives the following output on the console: Fri Sep 23 08:20:57 noname.example.com lom: /N0/SB0 : F ailed AR interconnect test. Status = 00060040 Fri Sep 23 08:21:00 noname.example.com lom: AR Intercon nect test: System board... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve_b72
7 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Solaris: Not able to access E2900 console

Hi, I have a scheduled activity to reboot E2900 server. But suddenly I came to know that console ip is not pinging, not connecting via telnet, as it used to connect. I already checked with my onsite person and he changed cable, still no luck. Network person checked his switch, which is showing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Reasonable useful life for e2900

What would you think is a reasonable useful lifespan for a Sunfire e2900. I'm not referring to it's performance capabilities as much as I'm referring to the hardware's ability to perform reliably. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Hung ILOM - e2900

While trying to perform a firmware upgrade on this ilom, the system refused to allow uploading of more than ~900k or so... We tried multiple approaches using FTP and all failed. I decided to start this morning by firing up Apache on another box and trying the same process via HTTP but when I went... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
8 Replies

10. Solaris

How-to find SerialNumber Sun E2900

several newbie questions: > how-to find serialnumber for Sun E2900 prtdiag -v does not show chassis serial number > LOM is not connectable . Are there any tools to get automatically Serial numbers for HW. Thanks ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
7 Replies
reboot(1M)																reboot(1M)

NAME
reboot - restart the operating system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/reboot [-dlnq] [boot_arguments] The reboot utility restarts the kernel. The kernel is loaded into memory by the PROM monitor, which transfers control to the loaded kernel. Although reboot can be run by the super-user at any time, shutdown(1M) is normally used first to warn all users logged in of the impending loss of service. See shutdown(1M) for details. The reboot utility performs a sync(1M) operation on the disks, and then a multi-user reboot is initiated. See init(1M) for details. On systems, reboot may also update the boot archive as needed to ensure a successful reboot. The reboot utility normally logs the reboot to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), and places a shutdown record in the login accounting file /var/adm/wtmpx. These actions are inhibited if the -n or -q options are present. Normally, the system reboots itself at power-up or after crashes. The following options are supported: -d Force a system crash dump before rebooting. See dumpadm(1M) for information on configuring system crash dumps. -l Suppress sending a message to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M) about who executed reboot. -n Avoid calling sync(2) and do not log the reboot to syslogd(1M) or to /var/adm/wtmpx. The kernel still attempts to sync filesystems prior to reboot, except if the -d option is also present. If -d is used with -n, the kernel does not attempt to sync filesystems. -q Quick. Reboot quickly and ungracefully, without shutting down running processes first. The following operands are supported: boot_arguments An optional boot_arguments specifies arguments to the uadmin(2) function that are passed to the boot program and kernel upon restart. The form and list of arguments is described in the boot(1M) and kernel(1M) man pages.. If the arguments are specified, whitespace between them is replaced by single spaces unless the whitespace is quoted for the shell. If the boot_arguments begin with a hyphen, they must be preceded by the -- delimiter (two hyphens) to denote the end of the reboot argument list. Example 1: Passing the -r and -v Arguments to boot In the following example, the delimiter -- (two hyphens) must be used to separate the options of reboot from the arguments of boot(1M). example# reboot -dl -- -rv Example 2: Rebooting Using a Specific Disk and Kernel The following example reboots using a specific disk and kernel. example# reboot disk1 kernel.test/unix /var/adm/wtmpx login accounting file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mdb(1), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), fsck(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), shutdown(1M), sync(1M), syslogd(1M), sync(2), uadmin(2), reboot(3C), attributes(5) The reboot utility does not execute the scripts in /etc/rcnum.d or execute shutdown actions in inittab(4). To ensure a complete shutdown of system services, use shutdown(1M) or init(1M) to reboot a Solaris system. 11 Apr 2005 reboot(1M)