Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hell & mathematics
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting hell & mathematics Post 302199432 by danmero on Monday 26th of May 2008 10:52:33 PM
Old 05-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogoy
, strange now that I see 0's in the results, goes to show that we need to put more stress into the tests!
Add nanoseconds to timestamps for precision.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mathematics operations in unix

Hello guys! Can say me anybody about operatios with unix, I don't to make operations, only inside in a variable, like this #y=4 #x=2 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 2 but I can't to make mathematical operations with decimal like this #y=3.2 #x=1.5 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 3 this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesar720213
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mathematics in shell script

Hi Friends, I am new to shell scripting and a trying to work this out. I have a variable called $number. The value in this variable is 10 I want to display $number - 2 in a mail. The result would be 8 eg. mail -s 'subject' user <<eof the result of your calculation is $number - 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rpm hell!

I've just installed redhat 6.2 on one of my systems and am trying to install the gcc c compiler after downloading an rpm from the redhat site. The damn thing gives me: only major numbers <= 3 are supported by this version of RPM what do I do, it does the same with the latest rpm of php ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knmwt15000
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell and sqlite

Hi everyone, I have a requirement that requires me to fill an sqlite database with 100,000 entries (no duplicates). I will start out by giving the command that will insert the values necessary to populate the database: # sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confussed as hell

:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kevinfine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which is the best way/command to do mathematics in UNIX scripting?

Hello all! I used to use expr for doing simple mathematics, but has a main advantage and a main disadvantage: The advantage is that it can take variables for numbers (e.g.{1}: echo "Give me first" read lol echo "Give other" read lil sum=`expr $lol + $lil` echo "The sum of $lol and $lil =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

quoting hell - help needed!!

I am writing a bash script to automate the installation of web environment on a base install of Fedora. And I'm at the limit of my last nerve and my bash skills. My brain is screaming at me: "Give up and use perl", but I am trying to stick to bash since the script will modify the perl environment... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbe
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies
ffcfstress(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ffcfstress(1)

NAME
ffcfstress - constant force stress test for force-feedback devices SYNOPSIS
ffcfstress [-d <device>] [-u <update rate>] [-f <frequency>] [-a <amplitude>] [-s <strength>] [-x <axis>] [-A] [-o] DESCRIPTION
ffcfstress stress tests constant non-enveloped forces on a force feedback device. It simulates a moving spring force by applying a fre- quently updated constant force effect. Beware, the stress test may damage your device! OPTIONS
At least one option is required. -d <device> The device to test (by default /dev/input/event0). -u <update rate> The update rate in Hz (25 by default). -f <frequency> The spring center motion frequency in Hz (0.1 by default). -a <amplitude> The spring center motion amplitude, between 0.0 and 1.0 (1.0 by default). -s <strength> The spring strength factor (1.0 by default). -x <axis> absolute axis to test (default: 0) [0 = X, 1 = Y, 2 = Z, 3 = RX, 4 = RY, 5 = RZ, 6 = WHEEL] -A switch off auto-centering -o Dummy option, useful when all defaults should be used. SEE ALSO
ffmvforce(1), fftest(1), jstest(1). AUTHOR
ffcfstress was written by Oliver Hamann. This manual page was written by Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It was last modified for ffcfstress dated February 15, 2002. ffcfstress March 8, 2009 ffcfstress(1)