Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How can i copy files by date last modifed range? Post 302198979 by AbhishekG on Sunday 25th of May 2008 11:06:44 AM
Old 05-25-2008
hi
you can use find command with -mtime flag

find . -mtime (-n or n or +n) | xargs cp dirname

-n for files modified in last n days
n for files modified exactly on last nth day
+n fro files modifed before last nth day

Abhishek Gera

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Files within a particular date range

Hi, Can someone please help me with this. Actually i want to move files from one directory to another directory , But I just want to move files of a specific data range. For ex: This is my directory which contains all fine. /home/Rooh Then there is a long listing of files. suppose this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp only files in certain date range

hi all, I'm trying to do a cp only on files I created on a given day or within a certain date range. What's the best way to do this? Cheers, KL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ee7klt
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can Copy a Range of files from Tape to Hard disk

Hi: I am a trying to write a script using a loop i guess. What I need to do is write a script that can allow my users to load a tape and copy a range of files from a tape to the hard disk. By range I mean, I would like the users to pick a range of numbers like files 3 - 8 and the script will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjazzie
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display files that have been modifed between a given date range

Hi, I am new to Unix and was trying different ways of how to display the list of file names modified between a given date range in sorting order.I will get the fromdate and Todate from the browser, I need to display the list of all the file names that are modified between the given date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathima
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with removing files with date range

Hi, I want to remove trace files in a particular directory for a specific date range. Currently i can remove based on time (e.g find /path/*.trm -mtime +1000 -exec rm {} \;). But i want to remove .trm files within a date range. E.g to remove .trm files between jan 1 2002 to April 15 2005. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files given a range of numbers

Hi, I have about 500 files in a directory. The filenames are numbered i.e. 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat,...,500.dat. I have 5 other empty directories where I have to copy the files in different range of numbers, for example, 1.dat to 300.dat in dir1, or 200.dat to 500.dat in dir2, another example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted files between date range

Dear Friends, I have HP_ux 11.31 and want to delete some unwanted very old log files between two date range. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Find Files within date Range

Hi i am looking to expand a command i am using to find files in a large file system. i am currently using find /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/ -type f -size +3G | -exec mv {} /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/KILL \; This works really well but i would like to add a date range to the same command to refine it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
grep-changelog(1)					      General Commands Manual						 grep-changelog(1)

NAME
grep-changelog - print ChangeLog entries matching criteria SYNOPSIS
grep-changelog [options] [CHANGELOG...] DESCRIPTION
grep-changelog searches the named CHANGELOGs (by default files matching the regular expressions ChangeLog and ChangeLog.[0-9]+) for entries matching the specified criteria. At least one option or file must be specified. This program is distributed with GNU Emacs. OPTIONS
The program accepts unambiguous abbreviations for option names. --author=AUTHOR Print entries whose author matches regular expression AUTHOR. --text=TEXT Print entries whose text matches regular expression TEXT. --exclude=TEXT Exclude entries matching regular expression TEXT. --from-date=YYYY-MM-DD Only consider entries made on or after the given date. ChangeLog date entries not in the "YYYY-MM-DD" format are never matched. --to-date=YYYY-MM-DD Only consider entries made on or before the given date. --rcs-log Print output in a format suitable for RCS log entries. This format removes author lines, leading spaces, and file names. --with-date In RCS log format, print short dates. --reverse Show matches in reverse order. --version Display version information. --help Display basic usage information. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2008-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this document provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies. Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this document under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this document into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be stated in a translation approved by the Free Software Foundation. grep-changelog(1)