Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Active Quota - RPC rquota.x
Top Forums Programming Active Quota - RPC rquota.x Post 302198331 by ramen_noodle on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 04:30:40 PM
Old 05-22-2008
I would assume this to mean a quota that is actually in use by a mounted and nfs-shared filesystem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quota

I'm new to Unix and I'm trying to determin how much space I have on this system. the box is dedicated to Oracle and I log in as the oracle user and type quota. It retrunes nothing. Then I log on as root and type quota -v oracle.. It returns nothing! Gosh this is actually a solaris 5.7 box. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarthda
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quota threshold

Hi, I am trying to make a script in which the user is notified once the disk space of the environment increases a particular threshold. I have made a script for it but I am facing an error while executing it. Could any one here guide me further?? Script #!/bin/sh warninglimit=350000... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
22 Replies

4. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

9. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies
RQUOTAD(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   RQUOTAD(8)

NAME
rpc.rquotad - remote quota server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad [ -FI ] [ -p port ] [ -s | -S ] [ -x path ] /usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad [ -h | -V ] DESCRIPTION
rpc.rquotad is an rpc(3) server which returns quotas for a user of a local filesystem which is mounted by a remote machine over the NFS. It also allows setting of quotas on NFS mounted filesystem (if configured during compilation and allowed by a command line option -S). The results are used by quota(1) to display user quotas for remote filesystems and by edquota(8) to set quotas on remote filesystems. rquotad daemon uses tcp-wrappers library (under service name rquotad) which allows you to specify hosts allowed/disallowed to use the daemon (see hosts.allow(5) manpage for more information). The rquotad daemon is normally started at boot time from the system startup scripts. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show program usage and exit. -V, --version Show version of quota tools. -s, --no-setquota Don't allow setting of quotas (default). This option is available only if utilities were compiled with the rpcsetquota option. -S, --setquota Allow setting of quotas. This option is available only if utilities were compiled with the rpcsetquota option. -F, --foreground Run daemon in foreground (may be useful for debugging purposes). -I, --autofs Do not ignore autofs mountpoints. -p port, --port port Listen on alternate port port. -x path, --xtab path Set an alternative file with NFSD export table. This file is used to determine pseudoroot of NFSv4 exports. The pseudoroot is then prepended to each relative path (i.e. a path not beginning by '/') received in a quota RPC request. FILES
aquota.user or aquota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user or quota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/mtab default filesystems SEE ALSO
quota(1), rpc(3), nfs(5), services(5), inetd(8) RQUOTAD(8)