Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract first column with a specific character Post 302198015 by era on Thursday 22nd of May 2008 05:14:07 AM
Old 05-22-2008
If the current line matches I at start of line (that's the caret ^), replace the whole line with just the part which matched (that's what the parentheses are for; they capture the match into \1) and print it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change character(s) in specific column

Hi all! I need to change the final e every time when it is present in any word in column 1 to a; moreover, to change the final i again to a in any word in column 1, but just if word in column 2 begins with ha or si. Here below you can see a sample of my data: achwa ungeliachwa ungeli 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract character between specific line numbers

Hi guys, I have txt file and I would need to extract all the contents between specific line numbers. Line 1: apple Line 2: orange Line 3: mango Line 4: grapes Line 5: pine apple I need to extract the content between line 2 and 4, including the contents of Line 2 and 4 so the ouput... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove special character from a specific column

Hello , i have a text file like this : A123 c12AB c32DD aaaa B123 23DS 12QW bbbb C123 2GR 3RG cccccc i want to remove the numbers from second and third column only. i tried this : perl -pe 's///g' file.txt > newfile.txt but it will remove the number from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a character in a specific column in a file?

This is a file that I have test line 1 (55) ) test line 2 (45) ) I would like to change all the parens in position 1 of this file to a ); i only want to check position 1 in every line of the file. I have tried different varations of sed, but cannot seem to be able to limit it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoeG
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines with unique value using a specific column

Hi there, I need a help with extracting data from tab delimited file which look like this #CHROM POS ID REF ALT Human Cow Dog Mouse Lizard chr2 3033 . G C 0/0 0/0 0/0 1/1 0/0 chr3 35040 . G T 0/0 0/0 ./. 1/1 0/1 chr4 60584 . T G 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/1 0/0 chr10 7147815 . G A 0/0 1/1 0/0 0/0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from a specific column to the end

Hello friends, I have a text file with many columns (no. columns vary from row to row) separated by space. I need to collect all the values from 18th column to the end from each line and group them as pairs and then numbering like below.. 1. 18th-col-value 19th-col-value 2. 20th-col-value ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Extract First character in fourth column

Hi Experts, I am new to UNIX. One of my file records are like below 220 IN C/A 515013 NULL NULL 220 IN C/A 515017 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 333701 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 515034 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 499201 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 499202 NULL NULL The above mentioned records delimiter is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract First character in Second column

Hi, I need to extract the first character of second column of my file. If the condition matches, then I need to print the 2nd and 3rd column as my output I tried below mentioned query but it was not working awk -F'|' '$2~/^5/' Sgn_group.txt File Name : Sgn_group.txt country... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
2 Replies

9. Linux

Removing a character at specific position in a column

Hi, I have a file like this (about 8 columns in total, this being the 2nd column) gi_49482297_ref_YP_039521.1_ gi_49482297_ref_YP_039521.1_ gi_49482315_ref_YP_039539.1_ gi_49482315_ref_YP_039539.1_I want to remove the _ at the end of the line. And at later stages I would want to replace the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files?

file1: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,47 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,13 GEThomeLayout,100,30466,0.00%,17 file2: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,33 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
6 Replies
smccompile(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            smccompile(1M)

NAME
smccompile - build class list and compile Solaris Management Console service beans for remote use SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c beanname /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool | service [-n altjarname] jarfile /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library [-n altjarname] ALLTOOL | ALLSERVICE | ALL | attachedBeanname jarfile DESCRIPTION
The smccompile command is used by developers of tools, services, and libraries for the Solaris Management Console. For information regard- ing the Solaris Management Console, see smc(1M). smccompile compiles service class files given by the bean name for use with the Solaris Management Console. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. Solaris Management Console requires running smccom- pile -c before creating service jar files, and smccompile -j after creating tool, service, and library jars. smccompile, in conjunction with smcregister(1M), is intended to replace the smcconf command as the preferred interface for managing the Solaris Management Console repository as well as toolboxes from within scripts, due to significant performance enhancements over smcconf. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: ALL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools and services. ALLSERVICE Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all services. ALLTOOL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools. attachedBeaname Specify the name of a registered jar to which the library jarfile should be attached to (or detached from). This is typi- cally the same as altjarname (if provided) or jarfile used to register the jar to which this library is being attached or detached. An attached library means the library is only available for use by the tool or service to which it is being attached. beanname The full package path of the bean name to be compiled. An example bean name is: com.mycompany.myproduct.MyService. -c Compile and build service class files for the specified bean name. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. You must run smccompile with this option before creating service type jar files. -j Build a list of classes in text format, suitable as input to smcregister for registration with the Solaris Management Con- sole repository. The output is written to standard out and should be redirected to a file. You must run smccompile with this option after creating any tool, service, or library jar. jarfile Specify the full path to the jar file to be registered. The name must be in the form beanname.jar, where beanname is the package path to the bean. If it is not, an alternate name must be given in that form using the -n option. -n altjarname Rename the jarfile in the repository to altjarname. Typically. this is the full bean name. For example, if the jarfile was MyTool.jar, then altjarname might be com.mycompany.myproduct.MyTool.jar. It is recommended that an altjarname containing the full package path be used. You must use this same name when registering the jar with smcregister. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Compiling a Service The following command takes a Solaris Management Console service and builds its proxy and stub classes to make the service usable by Solaris Management Console tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl Example 2: Building a Class List for a Service The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a service suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt Example 3: Building a Class List for a Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a tool suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyTool.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar > classlist.txt Example 4: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to All Tools The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to all tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt Example 5: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to a Specific Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to a specific tool: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smccompile: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, the /usr/j2se location is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWMc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smc(1M), smcconf(1M), smcregister(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
All standard shell quoting rules apply. SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2001 smccompile(1M)