Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 9 Patch Issues
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 Patch Issues Post 302197389 by hercu on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 01:06:20 AM
Old 05-21-2008
Oops! Looks like someone prevously installed a patch with '-d' option that this patch cluster is trying to modify/remove!!

Once a patch is installed with '-d' option there is no rollback... talk to sun support and see what they suggest - I hope not a fresh jumpstart Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to determine most recent Solaris 8 patch?

I have recently been assigned sys admin responsibilities for an 7-computer network running 3 Unix workstations (1 is SunFire V240 server; 2 are SunBlade 2000) and 4 PCs. Two Unix workstations are running Sun PCI III to allow a shell to host Windows 2000. I am having various problems w/ PC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Patch Access

I see you can no longer download patches from sunsolve for Solaris 10, 9 and 8 without a support contract. I have a V240 that is 4 months old, do new machines normally come with some sort of contract? Thats kind of lame that I can't patch a $12,000 server I just got recently. Still waiting on a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
0 Replies

3. Tips and Tutorials

Solaris Patch exit codes

The most common Solaris exit codes you will see is 2 or 8, but have you ever had a different exit code and wondered what it means ? Well you need not wonder no more... Patch Exit Codes ---------------- 0 No error 1 Usage error 2 Attempt to apply a patch that's already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tornado
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 patch.

I have to update on solaris 9. UPdating to 10 is not an option. Can I create a disk that will have all the updates/patches and just run it once and not sit and update one by one? If so, how? I have 10 Sun systems. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disturbe_d
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Patch Return Code 1; what does it mean

I installed solaris 10 patch cluster on some nodes and I noticed quite a few error code 1 and 8. The error code 8 I'm not concerned. I am concerned about error code 1, useage error. What do they mean by usage error? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: debd
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Patch for Solaris 5.9 on sparc

IS the cluster_patch for Solaris 5.9 free to download from Sun web site, i just can't find it, please help? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Update Solaris patch

Hi All I had update the solaris version, and now wish to update the patch. but when i check my patch version, i cant find any version for that. any idea? root@leo # showrev Hostname: leo Hostid: 839b58a3 Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade can be done in single user mode? any suggestions.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Patch

Hi, I installed Solaris 11 and I want to upgrade. I am doing this in by the documentation for pkg update. I read about the patch for solaris. Where and how to download and install this patch? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Patch Updates (Kerberos)

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 device which has quite a dated version of Kerberos 5 installed. I'd like to upgrade the version of Kerberos to a more recent version, but was unsure whether updates to Kerberos are provided by applying a Solaris patch - or whether I would need to go to the MIT website... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James1011
0 Replies
GIT-PATCH-ID(1)                                                     Git Manual                                                     GIT-PATCH-ID(1)

NAME
git-patch-id - Compute unique ID for a patch SYNOPSIS
git patch-id [--stable | --unstable] DESCRIPTION
Read a patch from the standard input and compute the patch ID for it. A "patch ID" is nothing but a sum of SHA-1 of the file diffs associated with a patch, with whitespace and line numbers ignored. As such, it's "reasonably stable", but at the same time also reasonably unique, i.e., two patches that have the same "patch ID" are almost guaranteed to be the same thing. IOW, you can use this thing to look for likely duplicate commits. When dealing with git diff-tree output, it takes advantage of the fact that the patch is prefixed with the object name of the commit, and outputs two 40-byte hexadecimal strings. The first string is the patch ID, and the second string is the commit ID. This can be used to make a mapping from patch ID to commit ID. OPTIONS
--stable Use a "stable" sum of hashes as the patch ID. With this option: o Reordering file diffs that make up a patch does not affect the ID. In particular, two patches produced by comparing the same two trees with two different settings for "-O<orderfile>" result in the same patch ID signature, thereby allowing the computed result to be used as a key to index some meta-information about the change between the two trees; o Result is different from the value produced by git 1.9 and older or produced when an "unstable" hash (see --unstable below) is configured - even when used on a diff output taken without any use of "-O<orderfile>", thereby making existing databases storing such "unstable" or historical patch-ids unusable. This is the default if patchid.stable is set to true. --unstable Use an "unstable" hash as the patch ID. With this option, the result produced is compatible with the patch-id value produced by git 1.9 and older. Users with pre-existing databases storing patch-ids produced by git 1.9 and older (who do not deal with reordered patches) may want to use this option. This is the default. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-PATCH-ID(1)